Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and express my extreme excitement for this incoming vehicle. I'm so excited. I feel like a giddy school boy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I also thought i'd post my order number up here if anyone can make heads or tails of it... i ordered my car back in early June and my dealer stated(today), "I should have your VIN number and everything else for you next week". Good thing I imagine /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

order number is DNBK48...

Thanks everyone!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jay.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

On 2001-08-20 14:31, Jay_z06 spewed forth this drivel:
Hey all...

Just wanted to say hello to everyone and express my extreme excitement for this incoming vehicle. I'm so excited. I feel like a giddy school boy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I also thought i'd post my order number up here if anyone can make heads or tails of it... i ordered my car back in early June and my dealer stated(today), "I should have your VIN number and everything else for you next week". Good thing I imagine /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

order number is DNBK48...

Thanks everyone!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jay.
No TPW yet.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

On 2001-08-20 14:31, Jay_z06 spewed forth this drivel:
"I should have your VIN number and everything else for you next week". /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_bs.gif
Jay,

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately your dealer isn't going to have your VIN next week if your car doesn't have a TPW yet. Sorry to be the one to give you the bad news. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Unfortunately that is the kind of false information, BS /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_bs.gif , a lot of dealers will feed you to keep you waiting. They want to keep you from taking your order elsewhere. Maybe 1fastdog can give you your event status code.

If your event status is at 1100 or 1101, then your dealer doesn't have an allocation for your car yet. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Best of luck!

1985 Coupe/Red
2002 Z06 Order# DKFFMZ - TPW 8/6 - DOA /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif
2002 Z06/Millennium Yellow/Black/All but PSMs
Try #2 - Order# DNFM0T - TPW 8/20!!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hi, welcome. I am also very new here and have
an order #. My event code was 1100 the last I got from the dealer. I just talked to them and they stated that the car will be built sometime in the month of Sept. They expect the car to be in this thurs. "allocations"
If I'm chasing a false hope here I will be very unhappy. My order # is DPCP2R. My dealer stated that the event code will change after his "allocation" is sent on Thursday.
We shall see.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
JAY-Z06 what color are you getting. and where in washington are you from and what is the dealer name. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

[email protected]
Click WWW above for my home page.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for all the great responses. I really hope i'm not planning around false expectations. I am having to sell my TT this month which is my only car which isnt so bad since I have several alternatives to getting to work but would be very upset to find myself "carless". So would my girlfriend /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Rick - I live in Herndon VA actually. Just moved out to the suburbs from DC. Ordered in EB from Pohanka Chevy in Chantilly.

Thanks again guys.

Jay.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Jay, Rick has been alot of help to me. Monica also has answered more questions than my own dealer here in Minnesota. IMHO Rick and Monica not only like to sell Vetts but are sincere in giving help. If my deal stays stalled very long I will switch in a pair of seconds.
good luck /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
JLH-Z06 &
Jay_z06

Welcome aboard, make your decisions here, lots of good people and informed buyers, we have all been there........

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I agree, JLH, Rick is a top class guy. It's quite amazing that this process is such a nightmare. It's not the time that concerns me(I waited 9 months for the Audi) but the lack of information and the feeling "things arent going according to plan". /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Jay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts