Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Z06
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just getting acquainted with my new-to-me C5 Z06 and I'm looking forward to being a part of this group.

How did I get here? I was sort of looking for a CTS-V for my wife who has finally had enough of her fun-but-uncivilized MazdaSpeed 3 (after 12 years). I didn't find the Cadillac but I stumbled onto a gorgeous, well maintained C5 Z06. She said it beat the hell out of a sedan so off to Tennessee we went. Now I remember why I love Chevy small blocks. This LS6 is a beast!

So now I have a Z06 and she still has a Mazda.

It's a 36,000-mile, '02 Torch Red Z. It breathes really well and sounds wicked with Kooks 1 7/8" long tube headers, Kooks High-Flow X-pipe and the stock axle-back, SLP Blackwing intake and Vararam Power Duct air bridge. Tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sports mounted on stock C5 Z06 rear wheels in a square setup. I'll probably leave the wheels and tires alone for now and also leave the internals stock, at least for a while.

The car is seriously in need of lowering and I'll get a shifter soon but honestly this thing is sweet just the way it is.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Sky

Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design

Vehicle Car Speedometer Gear shift Plant

·
21,398 Posts
Now that is the way you introduce yourself! Congrats on your new Z. It looks like it has been well maintained and should provide you with miles of smiles!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts