Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am Ertoys, I’m a long time member, but have been away from the Vette world for about 5-6 years.

I’ve owned a 2001 C5 Z06 and a 2007 C6 Z06. Now I’m ready to jump back in. I live in Washington state as I’m sure you all know, it rains OFTEN here!

I’m trying to decide since our summers are so short here, if I’d be better off with a C7 Grand Sport or a C7 Z06.

I’m not rich, but I’m not concerned about the cost difference between the two. Instead, I’m wondering which car will be more usable in this climate.

Whichever car I decide on, it will be an M7 car. I had a Denali with the 8 speed, and for me it was absolute garbage. So A8t is not an option.

All help is appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I think it gets down to what you want the car for. If you are performance oriented and/or track your car the Z06 is obviously the way to go where the Grand Sport would be more touring oriented and most automotive reviews give the car the best bang for the buck. While a few Vette owners daily drive their cars year round here most park them for the winter but perhaps bring them out on a nice day or two.

Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
If it has the Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, you certainly don't want to be on them in the rain. A friend daily drives his Z06 but runs all season tires in the winter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I am Ertoys, I’m a long time member, but have been away from the Vette world for about 5-6 years.

I’ve owned a 2001 C5 Z06 and a 2007 C6 Z06. Now I’m ready to jump back in. I live in Washington state as I’m sure you all know, it rains OFTEN here!

I’m trying to decide since our summers are so short here, if I’d be better off with a C7 Grand Sport or a C7 Z06.

I’m not rich, but I’m not concerned about the cost difference between the two. Instead, I’m wondering which car will be more usable in this climate.

Whichever car I decide on, it will be an M7 car. I had a Denali with the 8 speed, and for me it was absolute garbage. So A8t is not an option.

Hello there.
Nice to introduce Man

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Very well explained. Welcome to the forum.

·
21,296 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I can understand your concern about which car to buy. Not having any personal experience with the C7 platform, I can tell you this, a member of our local corvette club who has deep pockets recently traded his C7 Z06 for a C7 Grand Sport. He seems to like it better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts