Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just learning so be patient with me guys, I have so many questions, and I am sure they are pretty dumb ones for you guys that are pros at this. I have a new vette and I am so scared of damaging it in some way that is why i want all of your advise so I can hopefully take good care of it. I have read the forums but once again, I want your input on which polishes to buy Ziano or Adams. I am getting ready to clean my car for the first time and need all of your advise. Also, my rims are solid chome but the brake roters are turning kinda of yellow looking or a rusty look which looks absolutely terrible, what do i need to clean them with. it is the z51. Let me know what i need to do so i will not put something on them to make them worse. Tell me from start to finish what to do for the first time wax job. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Sherry, I am an avid detailer and have found great results with the Adams Polishes line. It's very easy to use, readily available from a bunch of vendors, and it is awesome on your paint finish. Adam's offers a well rounded line of products to keep you totally covered inside and out. Check out www.adamspolishes.com for details on their kits. I would recommend the Absolute Essentials Kit to get you started. I am sure you'll love it.

As for the brake rotors....I assume you mean the hub area which is where the wheels bolt up. If that is the case and good wire brushing, followed by a water based solvent rinse to remove grease and debris will get you going. From there follow up with 4-5 coats of rustoleum. High temp isn't necessary, but it's good to use just in case. I did mine in flat black. Here are some pics of Adam's Polishes at work...

Detailing Pics

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
sherry said:
I am just learning so be patient with me guys, I have so many questions, and I am sure they are pretty dumb ones for you guys that are pros at this. I have a new vette and I am so scared of damaging it in some way that is why i want all of your advise so I can hopefully take good care of it. I have read the forums but once again, I want your input on which polishes to buy Ziano or Adams. I am getting ready to clean my car for the first time and need all of your advise. Also, my rims are solid chome but the brake roters are turning kinda of yellow looking or a rusty look which looks absolutely terrible, what do i need to clean them with. it is the z51. Let me know what i need to do so i will not put something on them to make them worse. Tell me from start to finish what to do for the first time wax job. Thanks so much.
Hi Sherry and welcome. Most of us are still learning and that's good. We have a lot of guys who like to take very good care of there car so you are in luck. I would venture to say if it can be done to a car the people on this site have done it. Car care and detailing in particular for some is a very personal thing. You will see a lot of brand loyalty to a particular product. By in large Adam's and Zaino products are top shelf. Both can be ordered on line and may save you a trip to the auto parts store. You are the winner with either of these two fine products.

That rotor stain/rust will form right after you wash your car and wheels or if it sits for any length of time. It will disappear after you drive your car just a few feet and apply the brakes.

For a good overview on what car care is all about log onto Adam's web site and follow along with Adam himself detailing a pickup truck. It's very informative. His site is www.adamspolishes.com.

Hope some of this helps you out

D.J.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts