Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ok...i'm in trouble...took the wife's vert out into the snow today instead of my Z....:D ...and now the FOB / keyless entry / remote control won't work and unlock /lock the doors :eek: :eek: :eek: ....whats the problem?

anyone know how to fix it??? gotta be a real simple reset right???

please help!

G

·
two things..

How about holding the two top buttons on the fob down while pointing towards the drivers door..wait until the horn beeps.

Will the fobs reset then..

Or..manually open the door..then check to make sure the battery is connected..(if you don't have the stereo theft alarm set up in her car..disconnect the battery and then reconnect??(red light on radio blinks when car is off )

well how about this one????

could you have mixed up the key fobs between your car and hers??

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok ok....let me try those things...

frank...i was being lazy and was hoping someone would tell me how to reset without actually having to goto the manual! :lol:

JB:

i haven't tried any of those things...but what happened the other night when i took her out may have something to do with this....i took my wife to eat and to the theater in her vert....the valet guy at the restaurant turned the lights on manually when he gave the car back....so when i parked at the playhouse....i thought the lights would go off.....but they didnt....had to jump start the car....and now that i think of it....the fob hasnt worked since then....i will try the stuff you told me....

but no. i havent mixed up our key fobs!!! thats a good one!

boy would i really feel like an idiot then.....

·
Registered
0 Posts
JBsC5 said:
How about holding the two top buttons on the fob down while pointing towards the drivers door..wait until the horn beeps.
I would be willing to bet this one works...always worked for me.

Thanks JB!! :cool:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and you would be right!!!

IT WORKED!!!

Thanks JB!

see i knew i came to the right place for answers!

who needs a manual when u have ZO6vette.com!!!!

btw, does anyone know why the bb isnt sending "new post emails" to me???

·
Registered
778 Posts
One other thing to think about-maybe the FOB battery is dead?:bang:

Joe :D :D :D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts