Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a check engine light and the code is P0410. Anybody want to help me figure out what it is, I'd appreciate all the help. Thanks in advance! ;)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Do a search on P0410 (top righ of this page) and you will get lots of Idea's.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79537&highlight=P0410
It indicates an A.I.R. system malfunction per the title of your post. Specifically it means the PCM determined the heated O2 sensors voltages did not respond within the allotted time. They have to fall below 222 mV in < 1.3 seconds on both banks during closed loop operation. Or the short term fuel trim did not change more than a predetermined amount.

The above will cause the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) to come on. If after 3 consecutive ignition cycles where the diagnostic runs and passes it will go out.

Possible causes:

-Low system air flow
-Excessive exhaust system back pressure
-Moisture, water or debris ingested into the AIR pump
-Pinched, kinked, heat damaged, or deteriorated hoses or vacuum lines
-Restrictions in the pump inlet, duct, or filter

The car will run fine with the system inoperative. It only runs during startup to help the CATs light off faster. It does this by injecting air into the exhaust.

The pump is located inside the front fascia on the drivers side. You'll find its intake connected to the engines air intake. It's a small squarish box. The plumbing goes into each header. (The small tubes that come off the headers) There are also two check valves the prevent exhaust gasses from entering the AIR system plumbing. They are located next to those connections on the headers where the AIR plumbing attaches. If one of them goes bad you will get a P1415 or P1416 code. (Fairly common with aftermarket headers).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts