Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if any of you have gotten a Charge System Fault Error Message scroll by as you first start your Z. Yesterday, I noticed a hesitation when I turned on the ignition. I got the error message so I went and replaced the battery. The dealer had already (according to the service records) replaced it once. I put in a much better battery (Advance Auto Platnium) with 200 more cranking amps than what was in there. Car ran good all day yesterday.

This morning I get in and get the same error message! Does this mean the alternator is on its way out or something else. The Volt meter is reading 13.7. :screwy:

Thanks in advance for any help. My Z is a 2002 Quicksilver with 31,000 miles. (out of warranty)

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have gotten this message one time. Upon start up there was a little hesitation and then the "Charge System Fault" appeared on the DIC. I did a search and found that it usually appears when the car has not been driven for a wile. Recently after I got the message, I changed my plugs and wires, don't know if that had anything to do with it but I have not recieved the message since. When I start the car I turn the key to the on position and let all the guages and the "Corvette By Chevrolet" show up on the DIC and then I start her up. Alot of people have seen this message but I do not recall anyone ever haveing any trouble from it. If it start's happening often, I would take it in, if not I would say it's "Normal" due to the ammount of vehicles it has occured in with no problems. That's JMO. Good Luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I've gotten that message about 2-3 times in the last year on my '04. It's random and hasn't seemed to affect anything. When starting the car now I usually turn the key to position 1 and let the self check happen before starting the car and it hasn't happened again since.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I started a similar thread about this same thing. Basically the feed back I received is simple: its random, turning the car to on first does nothing, hasn't really affected anything, and it is becuase the electrical system on the vettes are pieces of junk (relatively speaking). I haven't really given you any help, but I can say that I have done alot of research and talking and have decided to just deal with it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
i got it once when i had my door open when i started it..and noticed the message-don't know if that had anything to do with it???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts