Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, ive been doing a little more research, i've had my 02 Z for about 3 weeks now. i bought it with the intention of buying the GMPP one month before the factory warranty is up. now i am seeing some things that say you HAVE to buy it when you purchase the vehicle if it's used? i get no allowance b/c it is still under factory warranty even though it's used? i'm really gonna be hating myself if i didn't do enough research on this? or, since i'm still within a month of purchasing my used z, can i pick up one up. again, i thought from all my reading that any vehicle still under factory warranty was eligible, but now i am seeing conflicting info in posts here and at corvetteforum. (calling ken fitchner right now)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Let us know what you find out. :cheers:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bought my 02 used in November just now bought the Gmpp warranty w no problems call Jason Walter at Ross Downing Chevrolet 1 888 266 1434.They are a sponser here and are GREAT to deal with and by far the cheapest around. :zboobie:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i agree! i called jason even before you replied. assured me that any car still under man warranty is eligible. there is conflicting verbiage on GMPP site. and quoted me a price that was way under what i've seen anyone else post up, for mastergaurd, 3/36. i'll be giving my extended warranty business to them.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thanks to

Thanks to Z06 trainee recommendation I purchased a GMPP from Jason Walter today at Russ Downing. $780.00 for 4 years. What a deal. If you want to bail early, they will prorate or you can transfer it to a new owner. Good selling tool. Thanks Z06 trainee.

Chas.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
To answer the question, no you did not screw yourself out of GMPP. I'm about to get mine. The only problem I have is the length I want to extend it for.

Wlxx861 is that with a $0 deductible?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I got mine from fichtner chevy and got the 2 year, 50,000.00 miles with a 0 deductible for 1150$. I am very happy with that price. Dr.Bigg

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ded.

z06_23_45 said:
To answer the question, no you did not screw yourself out of GMPP. I'm about to get mine. The only problem I have is the length I want to extend it for.

Wlxx861 is that with a $0 deductible?
$0 deductible. I don't have the papers in front of me yet, but Jason told me what was not covered. A partial list would be bulbs, belts, tires, battery, hoses, carpet, leather, and trim. I'm sure there's more. My concern was major hardware, engine, trans, rear end. AC is covered.

Chas.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just bought my car used this week and the factory warranty expired in nov. does that mean my car is inelgible for the gmpp warranty?I really just want it to protect a/c,trans,electronics,etc...being the car's motor has already been modified. Anyone have any info to offer? I will try calling Jason on Monday for specifics.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
DisturbedZ06 said:
I just bought my car used this week and the factory warranty expired in nov. does that mean my car is inelgible for the gmpp warranty?I really just want it to protect a/c,trans,electronics,etc...being the car's motor has already been modified. Anyone have any info to offer? I will try calling Jason on Monday for specifics.
you cant buy GMPP but there is an alternate plan that GM offers. It is only slightly more expensive. I recommend Jason becuase as you have seen he give the best prices ever. I got a 24/24 for under 500 dollars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts