Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, we need help.

My husband cleaned and oiled my donaldson blackwing air filter and he installed a ported/polished throttle body on the car. He bypassed the throttle body warmer and he put the original TPS and TB Motor on the new Throttle Body. He had the battery disconected while he did this.

We did not change the MAF and the TB is standard size.

Now the car idles fine while parked or at low speed and then as soon as you give any throttle it reduces engine power and the car runs on alternating four cylinders. The DIC also shows a HVAC fault, and Traction Control Fault and a PCM fault.

What gives? Any one have any clues. Car running great before this.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Was the DIC reset after the battery was hooked up? I've found some of those codes will set after disconnecting the battery--try clearing and see if they come up again.

As for the reduced engine power--check for leaks in the intake path--air getting in after the MAF will cause A/F ratios to be off, and may not be felt until more plenum vacuum is pulled. Leaks before the MAF may cause erroneous readings from turbulent air.

I would guess he knows not to over oil the filter--too much oil could cause contamination of the MAF thermistors. If that is the case, you could use electrical contact cleaner or a plastic-safe carb cleaner spray to degrease them. I would not expect an over-oiling problem to show up right away, unless it was a severe case of too much oil, usually oil would get on the thermistors and get a build up of crud that would then cause false readings.

Anyway, those are my first things that I would look into--you may want to look into that recent thread where somebody had leaks from their air bridge hitting the hood liner (only when closed), and causing problems.

Hope you find the problem!
Scott :z:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Scott, I will have Rudy read this. We cleared the dic each time we have had codes and we did the whole relearn proceedure twice. We notice the problem happens when the throttle bumps...say if I 1 to 4 shift or have my foot on the throttle, then slow and then speed up again. Rudy rechecked everything.

Does anyone know if there could be a problem with the TPS setting? Its not adjustable on the vette.

The codes are pcm - p1514 H
TCS -C1278 H
HVAC -B0361
HVAC - B0441 H

Anyones input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
It's easy to over oil a filter. You may have an oily MAF. It's a common problem, usually occurs right after you clean/oil your filter.

That being said, the P1514 code is "Throttle Body Performance", so perhaps he made a mistake when he swapped over the TPS and actuator motors. I'd look there first.

As a suggestion, when making Mods I've found that it's usually best to try them one at a time so it's obvious what's screwed up when the car stops working right.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, we removed the TB and the car is back to normal...perhaps too much increased air with a clean filter and the new TB

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
You got mail!

Check th operation of the ported throttlebody.Some one re-assembled it wrong and it ain't your husband. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's just a regular TB that has been ported and polished. The super tune that was done on my car should have allowed it to handle the increased airflow.....we may try it again, but I have a Vette/ Viper challenge to attend this coming Sunday and I need the car in good working order.

I have to go so I can get my "fastest woman driver trophy" ;) because unless I attend they won't have anyone to give the trophy to. ;)

hehehehehehe

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Good luck Kaya. Glad the car is running well now. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Kaya said:
I have to go so I can get my "fastest woman driver trophy" ;) because unless I attend they won't have anyone to give the trophy to. ;)

hehehehehehe
You go girl :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts