Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain the GM VOMS and POMS systems? What do the acronyms mean and how do they work? Thx, jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I don't know a lot about them, but VOMS is the Vehicle Order Management System, and POMS is the Production Order Management System (I think). In any case, an order starts in VOMS, and when it hits a certain point (around event code 3000 or thereabouts) it gets moved to POMS for production.

Hope this helps. Others who are more knowledgeable should feel free to jump in here.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

On 2001-07-25 17:28, Jerry Velders spewed forth this drivel:
I don't know a lot about them, but VOMS is the Vehicle Order Management System, and POMS is the Production Order Management System (I think). In any case, an order starts in VOMS, and when it hits a certain point (around event code 3000 or thereabouts) it gets moved to POMS for production.

Hope this helps. Others who are more knowledgeable should feel free to jump in here.

I had an order in VOMS for more than two months and the dealer wasn't able to get an order for me. I changed dealers and the new one entered my order in POMS. GM accepted (approved) the order so now I'm on my way. I was thinking that VOMS was a place for the dealers to forecast to GM what they wanted and that POMS was GMs response saying what would/could be delivered. jerboa /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
jerboa, I think what you're saying is also true. I think the VOMS is like the initial point of contact with the system, in which dealers place their requests for orders. Later, as production starts and allocations are made to dealers, order requests are confirmed and the orders move to POMS for production.

This is just the impression I've picked up from thinking about nothing else for the past few months and mindlessly lurking the forums for hours on end rather than thinking about the car THAT ISN'T HERE YET ...

Oops sorry for the rant...

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Jerry, I feel your pain. Have been going through the exact same thing. At least you have the all important "TPW" scheduled.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts