Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installing LG longtube headers and ran into a HUGE problem. the rear most bolt on the header flange (passenger side) sheared off while tightening. none of the threads stick past the flange, i think it sheared right at the head.

so obviously this needs to be drilled out or extracted somehow. i need to know if there is any way to do this without pulling the engine. if i take off the wheel and fenderwell can i gain access that way? there is no way a drill is coming in from up top.

any and all ideas are GREATLY appreciated.

thanks.

John

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
If you have air can you locate someone with a 90* drill motor?

90* drill motor

I've also seem a flexable cable with a straight shaft on one end (to put into your drill) and a 90* drill on the other.

Did you pull the header off to see if any of the thread is sticking out? If they are try some visegrips.

How about one of these?

90* drill attachment

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im researching on how hard it will be to pull the head. this is my first LS motor and im still learning. everything i've read so far says that when reinstalling the rockers, i dont have to adjust valve lash, but just torque to 22 lb-ft. do i have this right? this doesnt have to be set with a feeler gauge?

can i just unbolt the head and then bolt everything back up according to the torque specs?

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
DoubleDown said:
can i just unbolt the head and then bolt everything back up according to the torque specs?
Yes, But use NEW gaskets. (Head & Intake)

Good Luck and keep us updated.

George

1 - 4 of 4 Posts