Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went away on vacation for two weeks , I disconnected the battery and locked up the car , I thought I could unlock the Z06 with the door key. I always used the remote key fob to unlock the doors normally .. I now find that the door key lock is a switch for the power door locks and I can not open the dood to open the hood to reconnect the battery ….. HELP …. Boy do I feel STUPID any ideas?

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Man thats a drag. Maybe a locksmith?

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
It's not very hard to break into our cars...any decent locksmith will be able to open the door in a snap or you can do it with a coat hanger.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I Got It Open

Well. Thanks for the replies. I was able to jack the car up and run a set of small alligator clip jumpers to the starter and ground and back to a spare battery that I have and I could use the FOB to open the driver’s door. I connected the battery and then checked the ignition key in the driver door lock…the key does not open the door this may have been a problem all along that I didn’t know was there, since I always use the FOB. I did have that door control module changed under warranty once. It appears that the linkage must have come loose because the key rotates like you would expect. I am going to check my other cars to see if the key works,,just to be on the safe side.. Thanks for the help … Bill

ps: Might not be a bad idea for everybody to check the manual key since we only have one door lock

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Just saw this thread.

If the battery is dead. The key does manually open the door!
(if the door lock is working!!)

BTW I had my car right parked against the wall in my garage wihen I need to open my door. That's another story...

Glad you were able to open up your car. (with no damage!)
Cheers!
-Bill. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts