Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help guys/gals I need some alignment specs for a racing aplication only. I plan on racing my 01 ZO6 in T1 and I need to know what is the best starting point for the alignment? I need camber, caster toe, and any thing else that is involved. I plan on installing the T1 kit. Should I do the alignment after I install it. Also what about the GM performance parts camber plates. Should I use these (are they legal in T1)? Any help and input is much appreciated. Thanks, Brian (Zee Freak):cheers:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Race align

If your doing T1 use the T1 suspension parts.

Front as much neg camber as you can get (-1.6 to -2.1), neutral or just a small amout of toe out

Rear -0.7 camber, neutral to 1/2" max total toe in (1/4" max each side)

The SCCA lists what is legal in the T1 Specs. Get a copy as you will need it to go through tech.

·
Registered
299 Posts
T1 Kit

Ok don't all snicker but what is the T1 Kit, what does it comprise of, how much help is it in the racing ckt and cost?

Tony

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
T1 Parts

The T1 Parts are listed in the back portion of the Chevy Hi Performance Book from your Chevy Dealer.

You can purchase as a kit or seperatly.

There are springs F/R, Brake Discs, Camber Plates, Shocks, Sway Bars etc.

These were basicly put together by Chevy to up grade a C5 to racing status.

Some of the Z06 stock parts may already be adequat for racing, such as the sway bars, springs, shocks or you may want to change them.

I originally wanted to set my car up for auto cross and decided to up grade the "weakest link" on the Z06, the brake rotors. Although not allowed in the stock class I ordered the rotors mentioned under special part numbers in T1 thinking the would be better. What I got from Chevy was another set of Z06 rotors. It appears that Chevy has used some T1 parts already on the Z06. I tried to find this out before hand ie. I made inquiries as to which were better the Z06 parts or the T1 parts but found no answers. I would as a very minimum order the camber plates however. and start there to set up and sort the car.

BTW Dave Farmer "Y2K Hardtop" on this board is active in T1 and will be glad to help you.

Chuck Mallett at Mallett Cars, LTD. can also be very helpful. His shop is in Berea, Ohio.

www.mallettcars.com

One further point, and not to disuade you in any way. The T1 drivers mean buisness. They are out to win. Even though they are driving basically stock cars the driving is competitive ie they will bump and rub even shunt you off course if necessary. Think about it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RE: T1 kit content correction

The GM high performance parts T1 kit consists of the following parts.
-Front and Rear springs
-Front and Rear sway bars
-Solid (heim joint) end links for the sway bars
-Front upper and lower control arms w/bushings
the kit does not come with shocks, brake rotors, or the camber kit. These must be purchased separately. Hope this helps.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
brake rotors

The GM High Performance rotors are cast here in the USA, the stock rotors (same on all corvettes) are cast in Brazil.

Also, the High Performance rotors are supposed to be a bit thicker. (I don't have a set, I can't say for sure)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts