Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took everything apart a month ago and i'm in the process of buttoning it back up.My question is on the side of the lifters there is a small pen tip size oil hole should they be installed pointing up or down??????

·
21,378 Posts
I don't think it makes a difference. I seem to remember someone on this board that removed lifters and the holes were pointing both ways.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
in the lifter bores the oil return drain is on the bottom of each bore so it would seem logical for them the point up for proper oiling.I would like to know for shure.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks,I read that post and some others on that site.they refer to the lifter position oil hole pointing to the front of the engine or the back which is not the case with my engine as the oil holes can either point up or down.I think that the LS6 might be slightly different in this area.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok but the lifter can be installed one way or the other 180 out.I'll have to make some calls today.I think the author of the gm manual forgot to mention it! i'll post my findings later.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the holes on the bottom of the lifter bores might be pressurized feeding the lifters which would make sense to have the oil holes pointing down.reverse of my earlier opinion.

·
21,378 Posts
The lifters will be pressurized regardless of the orientation of the hole. The recessed portion of the lifter will channel the oil to the hole. Make sense?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
jub jub said:
The lifters will be pressurized regardless of the orientation of the hole. The recessed portion of the lifter will channel the oil to the hole. Make sense?
So what's the bottom line? It doesen't make any difference? :z:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jub jub is right on the money! 360* deg pressurized oiling in the lifter bore.Just for the record mine are installed oil holes down :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts