Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing my partition this Thursday when I will have a couple of extra hands around to help out.

Is there anything that I need to make sure of before I get started, or just climb in the trunk and have at it?

If anyone has some helpful hints I would appreciate it.

I am also looking for pictures of finished products so I can compare mine during the installation.

Thanks everyone,
chris

·
Registered
765 Posts
Duuuuude, it's cake. Just follow the directions exactly. Use the masking tape on the velcro as described, and use the drill size recommended. It should take about 10 minutes without any help at all.

If you have a shop vac handy you can vac up the drill shavings.

I didn't even climb in the truck at all, but then I'm tall so I can reach up underneath to drill while standing beside the car.

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Agreed, nice job!!

My install took 10-15 minutes, max! Just make sure to pre-fit and pull the snap straps snug toward the rear of the car. That'll insure a tight fit. Then mount the snaps and you're done.

I like mine so much, it only leaves when I need to put more than one set of golf clubs inside!! Send Pix! :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pictures Lambinator. I had already printed those out so I would have a reference.
I am not tall enough to lean it the car, so I think I will be climbing in the back. I think it will hold me just fine. I might need a chair to get in.
I plan on documenting the install to help others who will try it later.

Does anyone have a picture of the snap location. That is what I am most curious about. The instructions I have from Andy are short and only written. No pictures.
I bought this second hand from a forum member many months ago for a great price. I checked and I have all the hardware.
I just want to make sure that I get it in there nice and snug!!

chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts