Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Malfunction Indicator Lamp just went on this morning and I checked the driver's manual for an explanation.
It only said the light had to do with emissions and there is a problem.
I just had the Halltech T-1 installed and wonder if that has anything to do with the light.

Anyone else eperience this light coming on and have a solution?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
This might seem like a silly question, but what is a malfunction lamp? I don't think I have one of these on my Z.:roll:

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
LAVette, one thing you can try is to go back to stock and see if that remedies the situation. Since the intake is the only mod you have made, it would seem that you can easily determine if the Halltech is the source of the problem...

·
Registered
814 Posts
check DIC

Check the DIC for codes-is your car a 02? My guess is that you will find a MAF out of spec or lean bank 1 or 2 code. Did you do the idle relearn procedure Jim form Haltech recommends. Again if you already haven't check all hose clamps and the gaskets to make sure it is sealed tight.

G

·
Call me ASAP and I'll walk you through the reset

This happens if too much fuel is being adjusted for by any one of the 17 fuel cells. When one of them hits 23% more fuel than expected, it trips the code.

Once you reset the PCM the MIL will not return.

Our T-1 adds a tremendous amount of airflow, and the PCM during the relearn "sees" this new air and thinks something is wrong, even though nothing is.

Similar to putting a smoke detector in your kitchen. When it goes off, it is only doing its job.

Turn on your key, but do not start your engine. Press and hold down the Options button on the DIC, and press the Fuel Key 4 times in a row, without letting go of the Options button.

This will put you in diaganostic auto mode. Press the Options button again and then the button above it to view the PCM10 codes. 1 or 2 will show up. Hold the RESET BUTTON down for 5 seconds and it will clear the codes and turn off the MIL.

If there are other codes in the computer other than PCM, this is normal, and you should leave them alone.

Jim Hall

G

·
One more thing

This also goes to show you the need for larger injectors. They automatically bring the Long Term Trims back to baseline.

Running like you are however, is not a lean condition in the 1-17 fuel trims. They have adjusted to the new airflow.

It's WOT that may not get enough fuel due to the incredibly small stock injectors used on the 2002 Z06. They are 255cc/[email protected] rated, or 23.4 lbs./hr.

We use the 30 lbs./hr injectors on our 2002. The fuel trims are perfect.

Going to larger injectors has the same effect as programming, to a point. The larger injectors are good to 485 HP @ 56 PSI fuel pressure. Unfortunately the fuel pressure regulator cannot be adjusted on the C5 99-2002. If would be an easier fix than new injectors.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts