Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so upset when I didn't follow directions to look here. I needed help so bad that I posted on that other forum. Yuck.

Here is the problem. I am only at event code 2050 (it has been there since 6/20). I want the car sooner, not later, but I don't want to jump too fast and make a wrong decision.
I am next on their list, but today he guessed that it could be end of October or November. He then said he would call and check on the allocation tomorrow (Friday) and let me know.
I think it is time to find a new place to do business, but have I waited an unreasonable amount of time?

What would you guys do?
chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,411 Posts
I would talk to Rick, he has an EB waiting for pickup :eek: :eek: for 1k under MSRP....

Or he can get you one quick......

JC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
ALLOCATION is the key. Supporting Vendor Rick Danial can get you one tomorrow for under MSRP or if you order, he can have you a new Z within 6 weeks. Give him a call.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have talked to both Monica and Rick. Unfortunately my finances are not such to take advantage of the vehicle on the ground. Rick and I talked about it the other day.

I guess the biggest question is, Is it unreasonable for me to change my order?
chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
991 Posts
If there is a way that you can make a change and it will fit your finances and what you think in your mind is best, I would make the change and go with Rick. I have been in that go-around and wish I would have gone to Rick or Monica at the start.
As was said, you need to do what you think is best for you. I know you won't sit very long with no
Z06 if your in business with Rick
:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,159 Posts
Like someone else on this forum said to me recently, just be patient because good things come to those that WAIT. :rolleyes:

I finally got a TPW today after "waiting" for two long and VERY anxious months!!! :grin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,024 Posts
Rick and I talked about it the other day.

I guess the biggest question is, Is it unreasonable for me to change my order?
chris [/B][/QUOTE]

Chris I am here if you need me. It can get very complicated from the customers stand point but from the dealers side it is real simple. "Do I have the allocation to get this car or not.":)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So after yet another agonizing evening of dealing with this, I have come to a simple conclusion.
My dealer said he will call me back today (doubtful as he is bad about returning phone calls) and let me know when they get their next car - mine. It will either be acceptable to me or not. That means I will either change or not, depending on how long he wants me to wait.

I appreciate all the comments. As for being patient, I am trying, but since I made the decision in June that I wanted to do this, I don't really want to wait until November to get the car.
Still, thanks for the reminder that I should calm down and remember that this is only a car (granted a great one) and I should not get so worked up about it.

You guys are great. On the other forum, I had only one reply. No one cared. That is why I don't go there anymore except to look at the ads (hey, there are just so many people there).

Thanks everyone.
chris
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top