Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace the spark plug wires in my car (one of 'em looked pretty beat up when I did my plugs) and I don't know which ones to get. I've poked around a bit and have narrowed it down to two choices.

#1 - GM Hot Wires

#2 - Magnecore Spark Plug Wires

These aren't the expensive Magnecores. Both of these sets go for about the same amount of money. I called my local Chevy dealer and they said a new set of stock wires for my car would be $160. Anyhow, I believe the GM Hot Wires are supposed to be better than the stockers. Best part is, they come in red. :D :jammin:

Please let me know what you think of these two sets. I'm also curious to know what wires you're running, if different from above selections.

Also, let me know if you've had these before. If you have, would you buy that same set again?

Thanks in advance guys!

Alex :guiness:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
You can get the Gm Racing wires from GMParts Direct.. I have been using them for over 2 years now with no problems.

Not sure about the others..

Ernie

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
#2 - Magnecore Spark Plug Wires are the best you can buy
a close second is Nology plug wires :cheers:

·
Registered
752 Posts
I swaped out my stock wires last year. After a lot of browsing the many threads on Z06Vette I decided on the Magnecore's. I also put the kool sox over the wires to keep the heat from my headers from :flaming: the wires...

I wasn't experiencing any problems with the stockers...just decided to replace... As expected I didn't notice any performance difference, except my wallet was a little lighter, and weight is horsepower :lol:

Silvertp

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
I put on a set of MSD's when I did my H/C package, got them from a site vendor for $60 brand new. They work great.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your responses. Anyone else want to add something, please do so.

TIA,
Alex

·
Registered
518 Posts
I read every single wire thread here and at corvetteforum, and decided on MSD...but the trend I noticed was that nearly all were happy with what they ran. Most all complaints were from burnt wires or poor install.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Msd

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
ZO6 AL-X said:
I want to replace the spark plug wires in my car (one of 'em looked pretty beat up when I did my plugs) and I don't know which ones to get. I've poked around a bit and have narrowed it down to two choices.

#1 - GM Hot Wires

#2 - Magnecore Spark Plug Wires

These aren't the expensive Magnecores. Both of these sets go for about the same amount of money. I called my local Chevy dealer and they said a new set of stock wires for my car would be $160. Anyhow, I believe the GM Hot Wires are supposed to be better than the stockers. Best part is, they come in red. :D :jammin:

Please let me know what you think of these two sets. I'm also curious to know what wires you're running, if different from above selections.

Also, let me know if you've had these before. If you have, would you buy that same set again?

Thanks in advance guys!

Alex :guiness:
I have these on my car. They are about $60 dollars. They come in red or black. They work very well. Don't know about the others. I picked mine up from Thunder Racing but I'm sure other vendors sell them.

17-32819 MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor Spark Plug Wires, 1998-2002 LS1 F-Body, 1997-2005 Corvette, 2004-2005 GTO, 2004-2005 CTS-V - Red

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Magnecor KV85 Race Wires, about $90 - best you can buy

Nology Hot Wires, Best CD wires you can buy about $250

Consider installing Beru Silverstone Racing Plugs (from Nology) best plugs you can buy

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for posting. :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts