Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've gone to their website but they don't seem to have good pictures of these knobs. I'm trying to decide between the silver and the triple chrome.

If you have the pistol grip knob in one of these finishes would you be able to help me out and post a picture of it???

Thanks in advance,
Alex :mug: :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
dont know if this will help you but heres a picture of a grey finshed pistol grip.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts

Try this. triple chrome, love it ! Cold in winter, hot in summer thoiugh. But what the hey ! :jammin:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Here you go...

You can barely make it out in this one...

If you'd like better pics of it in the car, let me know and I'll snap a couple for you tonight.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Illmac, I like the cross flags on your steering wheel. Is that painted on or did you use decals?

If anyone has pictures they haven't posted, please post.

Thanks for the pictures, guys.

Alex :cheers:

·
Registered
229 Posts
thats a decal i bought from ken at vette essentials, i liked it cause its not just the flag inserts.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys are awesome. Thanks for all your posts. I would like a few more different angles of the chrome knob, if anyone has some handy. I'm going to have to let these images soak in for a few days.

Another thing -- to install this knob, what exactly is needed? I've read that it's tapped with threads and you lock it down with an allen wrench. Is this right so far? Where is this screw I would tighten with the Allen wrench? Does the shift knob sit pretty tight even if I don't tighten this screw? Could someone snap a picture of the screw in question?

Thanks for all your help!
:guiness:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sorry my camera sucks so bad I'll try and take some in the light this afternoon. My interior is pretty dirty though :(

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
ZO6 AL-X said:
You guys are awesome. Thanks for all your posts. I would like a few more different angles of the chrome knob, if anyone has some handy. I'm going to have to let these images soak in for a few days.

Another thing -- to install this knob, what exactly is needed? I've read that it's tapped with threads and you lock it down with an allen wrench. Is this right so far? Where is this screw I would tighten with the Allen wrench? Does the shift knob sit pretty tight even if I don't tighten this screw? Could someone snap a picture of the screw in question?

Thanks for all your help!
:guiness:

The screw is towards the base of the knob as depicted in the pic above. The knob does sit very snugly (or it will sit as tight as you can get it...) w/o tightening the screw but what I did was screw it on as tight as I could while positioning the screw towards (facing) the dash so it's not visible.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Again, thanks for the posts.

Resist, thanks for posting the black one. The knob looks good in black. :thumb:

:z: rocks!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks.