Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my Wife's 95 Firebird T-Top yesterday. I needed to sell something as we have 6 cars with only a 3 car garage. I'm sick of moving cars around in the drive etc. Get the picture? Now here is the problem - she is down in Florida on vacation and does'nt know I sold her car! She gets back on Wed. afternoon 3/28.

Help - Any advice?

P.S. Letting her drive the Z06 is not an option!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
You may have to give her the Z06, so see letting her drive it maybe easier. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
Buy her a Z06!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

You might want to consider moving your bed to the garage. I have a feeling you may be sleeping there. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
107 Posts
Amish,
Here's some options:

1) Be honest, tell her you wanted to consolidate the number of cars and her's was only the first to go....

2) Tell her the car developed symtoms of a serious problem and you sold it to avoid major expenses by passing it along to someone else...If she's car savy, tell her the oil pump was going and the lifters were starting to clatter when it was cold....

3) Tell her you have a surprise for her in the future and you aren't going to give any more details (then you have some time to make something up....cause if you don't, it's gonna cost ya bigtime!)

4) Get in your best ride and get out of town before she gets back!

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
217 Posts
As they say during an airplane crash:

Assume the position: Put your head between your legs and kiss your A$$ goodbye.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Well I think you may have blown it.
1. Was this her favorite car? If yes your a dead man
2. If it wasn't her first choice what of yours are you willing to lose?
3. Which of the other cars goes next?
She may help you get rid of one by shoving it up your A**
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts

She may help you get rid of one by shoving it up your A**
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Ouch!! A Quicksilver Z sticking out of your ass sounds painful!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mr Amish:

How 'bout..."think about the money I just saved on the insurance." /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

NCM Member #5281

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well guys - you all have some good ( and not so good ) advice.

But, here is the whole story --- it gets worse! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I have been talking about selling a car for the last couple of months. I kept saying to her, and others when she was around, that choosing which one to sell was like selling one of your children - how can you choose? Of course I was refering to my toys - not her car (95 Firebird). BTW - I drive a 2000 Chevy Blazer everyday car that I really need for work purposes, so it can't go.

Oh yea - it gets even worse. I sold it to the single chick at the nearest gas/ convenience store down the road from our house. We were talking this weekend when I stopped for gas, she said she needed a car like a Camaro or Firebird that she could afford - like the one Cindy ( my wife ) drives. Well, next thing I knew - you know the rest!

At this point all I can say is - What was I thinking!!!!!!

70 Z28 RS
Amish Buggy 1 HP

·
Registered
217 Posts
Obviously thinking with your other head.

·
Registered
906 Posts
You ARE dead meat! I had an idea... you act surprised and say: "I thought YOU took your car on the trip!" But that is all out the window NOW...!!

HarleyB
P.S.: my wife has a concealed pistol license and a S&W .38 spl.!! I don't try no funny shit with her!

·
Registered
217 Posts
What's the past tense of screwed?? Oh yeah, scrod. That's what you are.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well Gang - I'm back from picking her up at the Airport.

Good news - I survived

Bad news - She gets the 99 Z28 Indy convertable parade car -
and I have to strip the Indy decals and other stuff off cause she thinks all that stuff looks "dorky". It is one of 50 actual track cars they used at the race.

I haven't told her yet who bought it - it's only a metter of time till she finds out. Well, I'll deal with that when it happens!
One step at a time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts