Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just performed what seemed to be the simple task of replacing the clutch master cylinder in my C5 Z06 & now the clutch pedal won't budge. The damn thing is rock solid. Everything came apart & went back on relatively smooth. The reservoir is full of fluid & there are no leaks anywhere. What could be the problem? The unit is a GM stock replacement & it came already filled with fluid which I thought was odd. Does anyone have a reason why the pedal wont budge? It moves very easy when the master cylinder rod is not connected, so the pedal itself is fine. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,811 Posts
It comes with the fluid in so that the master/slave do not have to be bleed

You sure the master hose coupler is fully seated to the slave coupler ?
as if fluid cannot move then there would be no movement for rod in master

·
Registered
109 Posts
just guessing but since it came with fluid their might be a "shipping plug" installed to keep fluid from leaking out???? had a twin turbo engine once that one turbo wasn't putting out boost, turned out the shipping plug was still installed and assembly technician didn't remove it. wish you luck with this.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. I actually pulled it back out & went to the parts store & exchanged it out. The new one works flawlessly. I guess I just got a bad unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts