Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the service AH,TC,ABS message today.I did a search and it looks like it could be the EBCM.My question is will I have a problem with my extended warranty covering this since I have a head/cam car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
IMO it should not be a problem with your Dealer. Let us know how you make out. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It happened again today.Then when away after I started it again.It did not do it this morning but the last 2 days it has done it it was after my car has sit in the heat all day.Is a battery a possibility or is it definately the EBCM.Just called the dealer and I am waiting for them to call me back for an appointment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
HI there,
The only way to know for sure is to extract the codes from the 28-TCS.
Once you post the codes, we can assist further.
Allthebest, c4c5
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,289 Posts
c4c5specialist said:
HI there,
The only way to know for sure is to extract the codes from the 28-TCS.
Once you post the codes, we can assist further.
Allthebest, c4c5
Hey C4C5 good to see you back here posting again. :cheers:

Don
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
dwjZ06 said:
Hey C4C5 good to see you back here posting again. :cheers:

Don
HI there,
Lots of BS the past 2 years, but finally starting to get back on track.
Alot has changed, but I am just not going to stretch myself too thin. :screwy:
Thank you, c4c5
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,289 Posts
c4c5specialist said:
HI there,
Lots of BS the past 2 years, but finally starting to get back on track.
Alot has changed, but I am just not going to stretch myself too thin. :screwy:
Thank you, c4c5
Personal BS or site BS? I checked into your other hang out as well and posted a few times. The guy that works on my car Bobby at Fox Chevrolet said he has talked to you in the past as well. It's cool of you to spend a lot of your spare time helping out on different sites. Take care, Don
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
dwjZ06 said:
Personal BS or site BS? I checked into your other hang out as well and posted a few times. The guy that works on my car Bobby at Fox Chevrolet said he has talked to you in the past as well. It's cool of you to spend a lot of your spare time helping out on different sites. Take care, Don
Personal.
Everyone here has always treated me very well.
Its just nice to be back.
Allthebest, c4c5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone.c4c5 the code is c1214.Tony,my mods are no secret to my dealer.The Lingenfelter covers or the lope would be very hard to hide.I take my own oil in and they change it for me.I have tried to give my dealer my business as a courtesy.When they fixed my column lock I had to have my car towed to 21 century from the dealership to be retuned.So they know what I have.c4c5 what do you think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
HI there,
Unfortunately, it is most likely going to be the EBTCM.
This is the control module for the ABS.TCS and Active handling.
This code is telling us that there is a short in the power relay to the ABS motor itself, which is located inside the module.
It is a very costly part.
Sorry for the bad news, c4c5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
HI there,
Your mods should have no bearing on this condition, and your extended warranty should cover it.
I know that GMPP does.
Allthebest, c4c5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
ALl the above is correct but it also may be just a wire or the ground coming loose. I forgot where it is but do a search on here and someone told me where to find it when it happened to me. Mine was not the ground but that was the first thing the dealer looked at when I brought it in to them. Good luck, Dr.Bigg
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,289 Posts
nitro said:
Thanks everyone.c4c5 the code is c1214.Tony,my mods are no secret to my dealer.The Lingenfelter covers or the lope would be very hard to hide.I take my own oil in and they change it for me.I have tried to give my dealer my business as a courtesy.When they fixed my column lock I had to have my car towed to 21 century from the dealership to be retuned.So they know what I have.c4c5 what do you think?
Yep this happened on my car as well. I could not clear it an Bobby had to use the tech II and I had to get the module replaced. I think it was a $500 part or there abouts.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top