Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A plastic grocery bag lodged itself around fan #1 preventing its motor from spinning, and now the engine is overheating.

Can anyone provide me steps to removing the fan? Is it done from above or below? I removed the plastic shroud but can't move the fan more than 6 inches up before it becomes "stuck". Thanks in advance for your help.

If I bring it to a shop what is the expected labor time? Can anyone recommend shop in Northern Jersey? Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
bierry said:
A plastic grocery bag lodged itself around fan #1 preventing its motor from spinning, and now the engine is overheating.

Can anyone provide me steps to removing the fan? Is it done from above or below? I removed the plastic shroud but can't move the fan more than 6 inches up before it becomes "stuck". Thanks in advance for your help.

If I bring it to a shop what is the expected labor time? Can anyone recommend shop in Northern Jersey? Thanks again!
Lift it up & out of the mouting tabs then lower it out of the car.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I also find it easier to get it out the bottom. I put my car up on Rhino ramps which should give enough clearance. There are about five or six little plastic tabs and two connections on the back. These are fairly easy to get to from the bottom as well.

Good luck sorting it out. :cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts