Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like as many suggestions as I can get on further modifing my '04 Z06. Currently I have an MTI G1 cam (and plan on replacing it) with Kooks headers with hi-flow cats. Unfortunately the power isn't there and I want more.

Was thinking about ...
ET performance Heads ... 225 or 215 cc
Cam Specs... 236/244 .609/.629 on a 112 or 114.

My question is ... what do you think about the above and if not ... what is the best heads/cam set up that will not only generate the most power, but be relatively safe on my daily driver. Thanks in advance guys!
:sneaky:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
That should be a pretty redical setup. I think you'll have to fly-cut the pistons with that much lift.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
exSSer said:
That should be a pretty redical setup. I think you'll have to fly-cut the pistons with that much lift.
Even though ... what do you think of the suggestion set up?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I have arrived at the same crossroad myself. I decided it would be more streetable, and ultimately more satisfying to go with a power adder for my next mod. If in time, I need even more, I'll go with a forged block and raise the boost.

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
How much power did the G1 cam add to your car when you first put it in? I heard your car at Z06fest and I REALLY liked the sound of your car. You have a stable and stronger than stock car right now. Maybe you should keep it as it is internally and add Nitrous for special occaisons. It will keep you streetable and still give you up to an additional 150hp/tq. Another approach would be to add a blower to your existing system. Remember you are not going to get much of your investment back on power adders when you sell your car. :D :z:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
STEFANIA said:
I would like as many suggestions as I can get on further modifing my '04 Z06. Currently I have an MTI G1 cam (and plan on replacing it) with Kooks headers with hi-flow cats. Unfortunately the power isn't there and I want more.

Was thinking about ...
ET performance Heads ... 225 or 215 cc
Cam Specs... 236/244 .609/.629 on a 112 or 114.

My question is ... what do you think about the above and if not ... what is the best heads/cam set up that will not only generate the most power, but be relatively safe on my daily driver. Thanks in advance guys!
:sneaky:
Steph,
A cam with that much lift and duration will definitely require that the pistons be fly-cut. My cam is only 232/236,
.595/.601 on a 114+4, and I had clearance issues and had to fly-cut the pistons. Part of the reason is the heads I have are milled to get the compression up to 11.25 and they are also CNC ported with big valves: 2.055 Intake, 1.6 Exhaust.
My car is very docile on the street, but was tuned to a "T"
for driveability by FRC Tom. And I think you probably remember what it sounds like from the "cam-off" at the fest.
:D :D The set-up you are looking at would be a bit much for a daily driver IMHO, and maybe you should consider
Panzer's suggestion and go with a 100 to 150 shot of juice and be done with it! just my 2 pennies and I hope this helps a bit! :cheers:

Jimbo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts