Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first flat tire today and found out they want $55 for the replacement sealant. Any problem with just using a fix-a-flat product from the auto parts store rather than the GM factory replacement part. Seems very high priced for a sticky rubber product.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
No need to use the OEM sealant. It's overpriced and no better than say, Slime or Spare Tire in a Can. Personally I'd just used vulcanizing tire plugs if possible.

·
Registered
844 Posts
One of the first Rules of Thumb I learned here is to not use the $500++++ much too complicated tire factory inflator thingy!!!! I have a couple of large cans of flat fixer and a Wal-Mart plug kit for extreme emergencies. But my cell phone and AAA membership and Corvette 800 number are always handy. In addition, having replaced my front tires just last week with Toyo T-1s, I now have 2 spare tires sitting around--eventhough my dealer was able to get the Toyo's in one day!! :thumb:

·
Registered
590 Posts
I always travel with 2 cans of fix a flat...in case one has a malfunction and a tire plug kit..the factory sealant is way over priced..save it..but the air pump is good.. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts