Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to purchase a used 2001 Z06 from a Nevada Chevy dealer. It has 8000 miles, cold air intake, short shift kit - supposedly around $2k in mods. I checked Edmunds for pricing, but there isn't enough data on this car to figure out what it is worth. Any ideas? It fully loaded, Silver on Black.

Thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
Which Nevada dealer is it? Since many dealerships throughout the country are offering several thousand off MSRP on new 2001's, I don't think you should pay more than about $42K for one that has 8000 miles. If you really like the mods on the car maybe you can pay a little more, it's really up to you. Keep in mind that MSRP for a new one is $48K and the options don't cost much, so this car should be way below that.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Well they were selling new ones for around $43k so I would guess right now $39k would be a good deal. After all the 01's are gone from dealer lots then the used value will increase a little. Since that one has 8k miles you might do better than 39k but if you wait a month it could creep back up to 40-41k.IMHO /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
10 Posts
I suspect my Z06 is worth about $40,000. It has about 8,000 miles on it.

Any mods on a Z06 would detract from it's value by about as much as the mods cost. So subtract another $2000.

Best Karl
9th Corvette

·
Registered
3,108 Posts

On 2001-07-31 13:43, ZtheUSA spewed forth this drivel:
I suspect my Z06 is worth about $40,000. It has about 8,000 miles on it.

Any mods on a Z06 would detract from it's value by about as much as the mods cost. So subtract another $2000.

Best Karl
9th Corvette
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Curious on how you came up with that last statement...

·
Registered
282 Posts
I can understand ZtheUSA's line of thinking. I think most people including myself wouldn't want to buy a modded car, and the farther the condition of the car from new the less it's worth to these people. Now if the mods were installed as part of a performance package by a professional that might be another story.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I agree with beggar & ZtheUSA in that to a lot of buyers a "modded" car = a "raced" or hard-driven car. Even though the new owner might want to modify his new purchase, we like to THINK we're getting a "virgin" car, especially a fast one like the Z06. It may not be realistic, but a LOT of people indulge in that fanatasy... thus a "stock" Z would probably sell for more than the altered Corvette. JMHO & $.07 (after tax refund!)

HarleyB(Z)

'85 Low Glide/Springer -my vert
'01 Quicksilver/Black Z06 •SilverShark• Kirban/Hardbar®

Throttle Depressed. Driver Very Happy. Beware the "427 Z06"...It's coming!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would be worried about a modded car too.
I always wonder, on a car that's been modded and with 8000 miles, if they were daily driver, easy miles or thrashed, race track miles. Something to worry about...

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
RAT and Hvcone still have their cars, and even though they are both beautiful cars, it's tough to get the money out of mods.

JMO

·
Registered
384 Posts
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS save your stock parts and put them back on the car when you go to sell it!!!!

You will get much more money for the car and you can then sell you used parts on e-Bay for even more!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I am still bone stock and intend to remain so for the resale value.

GOLD72

·
Registered
3,108 Posts

On 2001-07-31 22:22, joecooool spewed forth this drivel:
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS save your stock parts and put them back on the car when you go to sell it!!!!

You will get much more money for the car and you can then sell you used parts on e-Bay for even more!
You are a wise man joecooool... very wise man /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
198 Posts
You are kidding right? 40K? 39K??? Dealers are not selling BRAND NEW Cars for $43,000!! And... Dealers have Tax/Title & License Fees...

If someone buys my car for 40K or less They better have had a TRADE IN! :laugh:

I would say 43 would be fair... I agree.. generally you are better to stay with a Stock Model!

Enjoy!

Also figure an '02 is going to cost 53K + Out the door Tax Title, and the works... so 43-45 (Depending on Mileage) out the door is what I would look at. Maybe 41K for a higher mile one.

Peace

1 - 14 of 14 Posts