Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has almost come to pick up my new Z. I was just wondering what I shold look for as far as accepting delivery goes. I know there was some talk before about some common areas to check out for damage, but I forgot what they were. Is there anything I should specifically look at or check out before taking delivery??? Also, what should come with the car? Manuals, video????? Not sure what else. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to get the car home only to find some damage that I should have caught at the dealer. Thanks guys /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Speaking for a 2001 - Other than the obvious checking for scratches, etc -- The manual comes in a specific Z06 black zippered portfolio, a Z06 tire pressure guage, Video tape, Fix-a-flat kit in the right rear trunk area. Make sure all the plastic lug caps are on the wheels, maybe make sure they're tight before driving off.

If your state requires a front license plate, make sure it exisits. Make sure you have the front lic cover (body-colored cover that says 'Corvette') in case they installed your front license plate.

Sometimes buildsheets are left in the interior - ask for anything that might have been in the interior when the car was shipped.

there should be a wheel lock kit. If they iinstalled the locks, make sure you get the four lug nuts they removed.

Make sure you have an antenna mast. Make sure it's tight.

Museum Delivery Mirrors Memory Mats
FRC Partition

My Museum Delivery

Signature by Jason

Adjusted sig

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

On 2001-08-04 17:59, VETROC spewed forth this drivel:
The time has almost come to pick up my new Z. I was just wondering what I shold look for as far as accepting delivery goes. I know there was some talk before about some common areas to check out for damage, but I forgot what they were. Is there anything I should specifically look at or check out before taking delivery??? Also, what should come with the car? Manuals, video????? Not sure what else. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to get the car home only to find some damage that I should have caught at the dealer. Thanks guys /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
VETROC,

Will you accept input from someone who is not one of the guys? I have lots of suggestions.

jerboa.. one of the girls

·
Registered
109 Posts
vetroc,

disregard this suggestion if you already had a c5. if not make sure you realize how long the front end is! also when pulling into garage make sure you don't clip the mirror.
Also when jacking up the car make sure you get a hockey puck to put on your floor jack. The puck fits where the factory jack points are and the puck will make sure you don't damage the plastic. craig

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Stomp on the gas and make sure all 405 horses are there, and that the smile generator works /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hey jerboa, I used to live in Alameda. Are you anywhere near there ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Check the front fenders for scratches from the lot boys sitting on them.Also check back for belt buckle bull as someone said" whats in here ?" And whatever you do if you see scratches do not allow the dealer to buff it. Pay a professional to do it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

On 2001-08-04 20:28, jerboa spewed forth this drivel:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD>Quote:</font><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR><TR><TD><BLOCKQUOTE><B>
On 2001-08-04 17:59, VETROC spewed forth this drivel:
VETROC,

Will you accept input from someone who is not one of the guys? I have lots of suggestions.

jerboa.. one of the girls
</B></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR></TABLE>

Jerboa, please excuse my ignorance. I would love to hear all suggestions from guys and gals alike. My friends an I (guy friends and girlfriends) always refer to ourselves as "guys". Sorry if I offended anyone. Please fill me in on anything you think has been overlooked thus far. O ya, thanks for the great advice everyone. I wouldn't have even thought of some of that stuff /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Don't forget the extra keys and key fobs. When I bought my LT4, the salesman told me there were no key fobs as that was a special "option" not available on the car I was buying. "Politely", I pointed out to him that was B.S. and showed him keyless entry is standard feature. (Even says so on the window sticker). He looked around and eventually found them.

Also, as someone pointed out there should be an air pressure gauge (pencil stick type) that says "CORVETTE". This tends to "disappear" from the owners manual kit while at the dealership.

One last thing, since you are buying a $50k car, the most expensive Chevrolet a dealer sells, be sure to request a new brochure to go with the Z06. (They won't be available until probably September). Better you get one for free than some 15 year old kid. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts