Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a tune and some other stuff today from the boys at Phoenix (great guys by the way, very knowledgeable). The tuner immediately picked out two problems:
1) Power was LOW given my mods (incl Long tube headers): 326 ft-lbs & 351hp on first baseline dyno run
2) Fuel trim was compensating by 22% (codes light off at 25%, Mike's used to seeing 0% to 5%).

We are unsure if the two problems are related, but I sure would love some feedback from you guys too.

Here are the rest of the facts:
1) Pump gas, 93 octane
2) New plug wires, old plugs
3) Engine has 16k miles
4) Mods are listed in my signature below, its mostly stock
5) Seen only three track days
6) We pulled & replaced MAF, no change
7) Inspected for leaks, couldn't find any
8) Fuel trim was identical on both banks, indicating that the problem impacts the whole engine not just one bank (ie header leak)
9) Mike the tuner adjusted the injectors to compensate for the fuel trim and did his magic to come up with 357 ft-lbs & 367hp

Joe, Chip, Mike and Mark were concerned, as am I. Do you have any suggestions or experience to share?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
ttt for you... I can't help much on this one.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Did you do a superflo dyno tune at a certain shop? And what was your rwhp and tq from there?

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Stewart...seems like the problem was you went too long without a tune. didn't you do the mods last year? The pcm may have been compensating too much for mods with such low HP.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MSiska said:
Stewart...seems like the problem was you went too long without a tune. didn't you do the mods last year? The pcm may have been compensating too much for mods with such low HP.
Nah, everthing was done over the past 45-days or so. Bobby did them, so i know they were done right. A thorough inspection yielded no installation issues.

I'm thinking about having a set of pipes fabricated to replace the cats, though since these were from Dynatech they should at least be OK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts