Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a A-pillar pod for a single 2 1/16th gauge for a '04 Zo6. Auto meter only has one listed for '97 to '02 Corvette. They tell me they don't have one for '03-'04 yet maybe in a month or two.
So what is the difference in the A-pillar? What does any of you use with a '03 or '04? Can a pod for '97-'02 be modified to fit? :-?
I know the Zo6 has a different windshield and the A-pillars could be different but I can't see the difference between a '02 coupe and '04 coupe. :bang:
Any ideas or info. is greatly apprciated. :ity:

Doug ;)

·
Registered
486 Posts
I went through this already. I feel your pain. I bought one and it didn't fit over the existing A-pillar. I took the original A-pillar off and tried to fanagle the new piece in but in the end it was too flimsy for my taste. It probably would have rattled like sh*t anyway. I sent it back. I guess we will have to wait till they get that piece made for our cars. Of course they told me the same 2 months story, 8 months ago.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Grief! :-? Talked to a performance shop here and their solution was to but a '01 or '02 A-pillar molding and the Auto Meter pod. :bs: Seems Auto Meter is behind in getting updated products out. They said to try back in a month, I won't hold my breath they will bring one out any time soon.
I have tried VDO, Stewart-Warner and APC and they either don't make pods or no pods for the Corvette. :-?

Doug

·
Registered
230 Posts
The A-pillar pad onthe '03 & '04 sticks out about 1" furhter than the earlier versions. I got a pad from an '02 from a scrap yard and it works fine with the AutoMeter pod. It sucks to have to do it this way but .....

Later ... Larry S.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts