Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 Z06 and I have decided I want to upgrade my headlights. I want to keep the popup lights but change the bulbs so they are alot brighter. I have no idea what kind of bulbs I need, I have only seen them on other cars. Can someone steer me in the right direction and tell me where I can find them and what they are called. Also, about how much it costs to do the switch. THANKS! :jammin:

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Buy the T-84 euro conversion. Glass lenses and 2x wattage bulb. Brighter and better focused. A highly recommended improvement.

PFYC.com has 'em.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I installed the PIAA Extreme White headlight bulbs and the PIAA driving lights. The are much brighter than stock and not as expensive as the Euros or an HID conversion. The driving lights are as bright or brighter than the old headlight bulbs.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Biggest Bang for the Buck are "Sylvaina SilverStars" replacement 9006 low beams , less than $40 at WalMart.

If you like them add the 9005 high beams another $40

Best Add-On lights are PIAA 1100x driving lights installed in the fog light area about $200 and a lot more work.

The T-84 with Euro SilverStars & PIAA 1100x add on are what an old man with failing night vision like me has installed..next best thing to "HID" lighting for half the cost.

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
RocketSled said:
Buy the T-84 euro conversion. Glass lenses and 2x wattage bulb. Brighter and better focused. A highly recommended improvement.

PFYC.com has 'em.

Bingo!!! Best move I made, then I found an HID hi/lo upgrade kit for the H-4 bulb. But haven't had a chance to install that yet.
The T-84 glass bucket has a MUCH better cutoff and focused light pattern.

·
Registered
308 Posts
mjustmike said:
Bingo!!! Best move I made, then I found an HID hi/lo upgrade kit for the H-4 bulb. But haven't had a chance to install that yet.
The T-84 glass bucket has a MUCH better cutoff and focused light pattern.
Can you post your source link. :z:

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
JETZ said:
Can you post your source link. :z:
They are not a supporting vendor here, on the other forum they are but not here yet so I can't post their link. I tried to PM you but were not able to send. Said you are not receiving PM's??

Shoot me a PM when you can.

·
Registered
67 Posts
RocketSled said:

PFYC.com has 'em.
My first and by far my best mod. All the HP in the world is useless if you can't see where you're going....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANKS guys, I'm going to order them today!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have been considering the Euro headlight conversion. Is it worth getting the upgraded ones from the vendor? Also, how long did the install take you guys that have them?

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
The hardest part of the install is to realign the ext covers. The rest is pull out stock part and install new one, I think the total time for me was about 3 hours.
I didn't get the high wattage because I knew I was going to a HID conversion. I actually grabbed the Euro conversion seperately, then found the premade wires for a single H4 bulb. Now I just need to find time to install the HID, the PIAA H4 bulb is great improvement over stock but I'm going brighter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts