Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that everyone else already knows how to jack the car, but I would like to ask for some "instructions" on how to do this. I ask this because I am prone to act too quickly when I work and make silly mistakes. I have heard the problems with jacking can lead to cracked rocker panels and I want to avoid this.
If anyone has some pictures, or can snap one or two when they jack their car up again soon I would appreciate it.
I specifically want to know where to place the jack head, and if jacking from the rear is valid for changing tires.

chris

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks!!

chris

·
Registered
391 Posts
Also, Chris, I use a small piece of cedar, a 1x2 or so, on the jack pad. it is soft enought to deform around the edges of the lip of the jack pad, rather than having those upper edges deform the pan of the car rail. There is also a company which makes jacking pucks which fit into the shipping reinforcement holes.. they are 5o per pair. The cedar is cheaper.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Thanks for posting that article.Hib is the best.If you follow his advice you will have no problems.Gotta buy more stuff.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts