Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I just lowered my 04 z06 and wanted to make sure that I did it right. I did 5 turns at each corner. There were 8 threads showing at all 4 corners when I started. The rear now has 2 threads showing at each side. The fronts have about 13 threads showing. Did I do the front's correctly? From the pictures in the "without Frank's mechanic thread", it looks like the number of threads increases when you do the fronts. I searched all of the threads and didn't see anyone specifically mention that the number of threads showing should increase on the fronts.

My 2nd concern is my front adjuster bolts did not have the "washer like" thing that is on the front bolts in the pictures in the "without Frank's mechanic's thread". Mine just had the front adjuster bolts sticking up from the spring. Is there something wrong with my car? Do I need to get the "washer like" thing installed on each front adjuster.

Thanks for all of your help!

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Yes the front bolts go the opposite way for lowering.

Bounce the car and check the ride height. Make sure there is still at least 1/2" Rake in the car.

Drive the car for a week and have the alignment checked and the ride heights rechecked.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I will bounce the car and then check the rake in a few days. I will be having an alignment done at the end of the week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts