Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Help with mods please.

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  HarleyB 
#1 ·
I will soon have the Hennessey Z500 head and cam package installed on my car. I am just rooting around for a couple more hp and was wondering...

I have the vortex, corsa indy, X-pipe, 172 t-stat and Nology wires...well thats pretty much it engine wise. The 100 shot of NOS will come when Hennessey and Darth Vetter get the clutch issue squared away.

I am looking at the powerduct for the vortex and maybe a ported throttle body, MAF and whatever else.

Does anybody know what these will do for me. Again if I can pick up a couple hp here and there that is fine ... the big punch will come from the head and cam. Also is there anything else (besides underdrive pullies) that you guys can think of?

Thanks!!!

------------------
Spdwy White +++

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you considered long tube headers?
TTS or TPIS would be my choice.
I have ran the TPIS and the improvement was noticeable.
I am now in the process of installing the TTS headers and I think I will see more gain from them.
PD, ported TB and MAF will net you around
10hp. Most mods will produce more power with heads and cam so headers might be the best way to go for bang for the buck.

Nate

------------------
Nate Caro
Xtreme Motorsports/ Corvette Garage
Xtreme Motorsports
1-806-798-0246
nate@xmotorsports.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.