Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took my Z in today to the dealer (that's scary :NoNo: ) to get the warranty recall done on the steering column lock. While I was there I had the rear window weather stripping replaced and had them look at the seat rock problem.

They told me there is no recall on the seat rock but there is an internal GM bulletin that says the sliders have to be replaced. I asked them to quote me on the part and I'll install it myself. I'm looking at $1241 CDN just for the drivers seat sliders??? GMpartsdirect has them for $309 US.

I did a search for seat rock but didn't find and DIY fixes. Has anyone of you fixed the problem yourself?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Bulletin, TSB, recall -- whatever you want to call it, it IS covered under warranty as long as your car still is.

Yes, the rails need to be replaced. It's a bad design. The rails can spread slightly over time, allowing "slop" between the rails and the mechanism that rides between the rails. You can't tighten anything -- you can only replace the rails.

Despite the fact that you had to bring this to your dealer's attention, it IS covered under warranty. I had mine fixed under warranty, and not by the dealer from which I bought the car.

Go elsewhere if you have to.

-Kirk

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kirk:

Do you still have your warrenty recall number?

·
Registered
123 Posts
If your car is not under warrenty, there are several people who have posted how they fixed the problem themselves for minimal dollars.

Search again on the tech tips. It is either here or on the other forum.

I have it pasted into a word doc and can send it to you if you email me privately. Going out of town for a few days early tomorrow, so may be Monday before you get an answer

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I had mine replaced 2 years ago under warranty.

It's NOT covered under a Recall - but is covered as a warranty item - if your car is still in warranty (ie 36 months/36,000 miles).

·
Registered
362 Posts
Red Kelly said:
Took my Z in today to the dealer (that's scary :NoNo: ) to get the warranty recall done on the steering column lock. While I was there I had the rear window weather stripping replaced and had them look at the seat rock problem.

They told me there is no recall on the seat rock but there is an internal GM bulletin that says the sliders have to be replaced. I asked them to quote me on the part and I'll install it myself. I'm looking at $1241 CDN just for the drivers seat sliders??? GMpartsdirect has them for $309 US.

I did a search for seat rock but didn't find and DIY fixes. Has anyone of you fixed the problem yourself?
TSB 02-08-50-002 MAR 02 Seat (Driver's) - Movement on Acceleration/Braking
Find a new dealer or just call the Zone Rep and leave a message your dealer is trying to make you pay for a TSB repair.

·
Registered
449 Posts
My 2003 anniversary convertible has a bad seat rock problem...was going to mention it next time at the dealer....

·
Registered
362 Posts
Z11409 said:
TSB 02-08-50-002 MAR 02 Seat (Driver's) - Movement on Acceleration/Braking
Find a new dealer or just call the Zone Rep and leave a message your dealer is trying to make you pay for a TSB repair.

Driver Seat Movement During Acceleration and Braking (Replace Adjuster Assembly) #02-08-50-002 - (Mar 13, 2002)
Driver Seat Movement During Acceleration and Braking (Replace Adjuster Assembly)
1997-2002 Chevrolet Corvette

with Power Seats (RPO AG1 or AG2)

Built Prior to VIN Breakpoint 25106379

Condition
Some customers may comment on excessive movement in the driver seat during vehicle acceleration and braking.

Correction
A new seat adjuster assembly has been released to correct this condition. Replace the adjuster assembly. Refer to Front Seat Adjuster Replacement (SI Document ID# 656483) in the Seats sub-section of the Service Manual.

Parts Information
Part Number
Description

Adjuster, D/Seat (w/o memory)

Adjuster, D/Seat (w/memory)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Red Kelly said:
Kirk:

Do you still have your warrenty recall number?
No, I don't -- but I'm quite sure that I armed myself with the same GM info posted above. Print that out, and take it to your dealer. If they STILL won't repair the rails with no cost to you, you need to go elsewhere.

-Kirk

PS -- Like others have posted, this fix is what I would call a TEMPORARY fix. The new parts will wear just like the old parts. Over time, they'll spread too, and you'll have another seat-rocking problem. The design simply is not good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts