Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using Armorall for years for the interior of my cars.

In reading throught different sites, I see supposedly that there "gasses" released by/from the Armorall that are causing the film on the inside of the windshiled?

How about my visor that I unfold and put against the windshiled, does that cause a film?

I like a little shine on my interior, what do you folks use other than Armorall?

Thanks!

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've been using Meguiar's products for nearly 25 years. I've yet to see any film on the windows from using their leather/vinyl protectants. (I've also used PermaPlate too for the interior)

I stopped using ArmorAll for these very reasons...... :(

·
Premium Member
4,333 Posts
There are several gas producing materials in your cockpit that put the film on your glass. Not using Armorall isn't going to reduce it that much.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't like ArmorAll because it is oil based, and leaves your interior slippery as hell. The shine is nice, but then you put your arm on your door and it slides right off, taking the protectant with it. I too used ArmorAll for years.

Now I use 303 Protectant. Best stuff I've ever used. It's water-based, so it leaves the finish on your vinyl much less slick than ArmorAll. Plus the shine is more natural, it's not blinding like some other products. Been using it for 2 years on all my cars, including my Z, and I think it works very well. It lasts months on vinyl.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Speedratchet said:
There are several gas producing materials in your cockpit that put the film on your glass. Not using Armorall isn't going to reduce it that much.
I concor. :yeadog:

extents said:
I don't like ArmorAll because it is oil based, and leaves your interior slippery as hell. The shine is nice, but then you put your arm on your door and it slides right off, taking the protectant with it. I too used ArmorAll for years.
I still use it, but very sparingly. I'll even go back over it with a dry towel if needed to reduce the "slime".

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I use Adam's VRT on the dash and other vinyl components of the interior. It offers an SPF30 so it keeps your interior a little more protected from UV in addition to giving it that nice classy shine without the greasy feel others may leave. Give it a shot!

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I used Armorall for years but quit using it as it tends to dry out dashes, tires color brown after a couple of years and other reasons.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
303 Protectant works very well. No gloss (my preference) and I believe an SPF 30 sunscreen. Lasts a good long time. I particularly like it on the black plastic fender wells, air dam and cowl. Zaino tire dressing does well on these parts too.

Charlie

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I used VRT by Adam's for the first time last weekend and it worked good. I have also used Zaino's leather in a bottle on the dash pad and interior parts. I use Back To Black on all plastic parts under the hood and exterior. It does a good job on the intake manifold, fender covers and tanks, rad cover and the various black plastic parts. It does a nice job of restoring the faded black surfaces.

D.J.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Dillon53 said:
I think the film you're referring to is caused from Polly Vinyl Chloride Gas. This is primarily due to all the plastics and vinyls used in cars today.
yup, that's what i read too-- according to autopia's detailing book. dave bynon said try to leave the windows cracked a bit while the car is new to help this gas escape and not film up your windows quite as much.

he also recommends 303 airospace. i've been using that for a few years now and am very happy with it.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Used armoral on the 91 vette convertible, didn't drive the car for three months, car was under a car cover and the dash, Black and tan plastic interior "Grew Mold"!

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
FredLewandowski said:
Used armoral on the 91 vette convertible, didn't drive the car for three months, car was under a car cover and the dash, Black and tan plastic interior "Grew Mold"!
Yuck!:puke:

Charlie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts