Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Wow, if less half this stuff was true I still would not consider using him, where there is smoke there is fire. I don't play with fire.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
This is sad indeed. I just hope NoMercy is first in line with the legal proceedings in the hope that if there is any restitution, he gets first consideration.

Pat :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
spread the word, you can't buy good publicity, you have to earn it. Word of mouth is the best advertising, unless you screw people like HMS. Then it's your worst enemy.

Hey John Hennessey, check this

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Well, this must have some credence to it, or it wouldn't keep cropping up..........
You should see the lame follow up to the thread above..........
How can a guy live with himself after doing these things,,,,,,,,,,
AND continuing.
Beats me, made out of different stuff than the folks I hang with.........

·
Registered
467 Posts
What is harder to believe than the fact that a vendor could do this is the fact that someone would be so foolish to forward so much money up front.

If this is true Hennessey should close up shop and the poor sucker that spent all the money should probably buy the Lamborghini next time. That is if he has anything left to buy it with.

It is to easy to bash someone online these days. I will withhold judgement until I see a copy of the court schedule posted showing the case on the calendar.

·
Registered
694 Posts
John related to Kenneth Lay of Enron?

I wonder if John and Ken Lay are related. They both are in Houston, and seem to have been bitten by the same "enron-itus" bug. Or they both simply have a knack for funds misallocation.

Note to Hennessey employees, make sure your 401k didn’t go the “new John Hennessey” house fund.

·
Registered
464 Posts
That makes me sick to my stomach!!!
Sounds like simple Grand Theft to me! Hood Sold and Wheels Sold with out permission equals theft I would think.

Someone needs to make sure the Car Mags know this stuff so they won't give the guy anymore free publicity.

2Charmed
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Aloha All !!!

This information is all factual. There are even more charges that may be added ... my deal sucked but what he did to Taig was just unbelievable. The money is probably all gone and will never be seen again. Lesson learned ... I sure the hell hope so.

On a better note, MTI and the vette will meet again next week. After a complete repaint and a tub the car is ready to go back for the motor. The motor is finished and just needs to be installed, quick break in (on the dyno) and before you know it this adventure will be over. About friggen time too!!! :D :D

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Vintage,
Hennesey's reputation to the unwashed is/WAS as an ICON........

Folks that will, and can send this many $$$$ usually are in a rarified atmosphere from the rest of society.....and couple that with the reputation of HMS, viola!!!!!.......you have a no questions asked deal.

Simple business logic to most of us, would dictate.....partial payment up front, and balance on delivery........
Some people have more jack than they know what to do with............

The biggest scam here(if true), is the fact that HMS has CONTINUED theses same practices evidently for some time.........the advent of the Internet has become the Hammer of Thor to bring down many a giant...............

Simple communication, and word of mouth will / has begun to take down the tree..............

In this / these case's, what you Don't know, most certainly DOES hurt you.............just ask No Mercy...........

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I read where legal action is planned/in the process. Obviously that is the right way to go.

I am from Youngstown, a hot bed of mob activity. I know some people who wouldn't worry about "mouthpieces" (lawyers). "Uncle Vito" would pay him a visit. Strong motivation to "do the right thing."

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
PS. I am NOT tied to the mob...have to make that clear!

·
Registered
576 Posts
:mad: :mad: :mad:

GOLD72 :puke:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts