Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this over on the CF so if you have already seen it there I have not added any thing ...

If you think you are tired of this ... come jump in my shoes and lose 20k. :mad

Anyway this has gone on long enough. I am literaly kicking a dead horse. As of this moment I have yet to be contacted by HMS. He still has my heads and over Twenty Thousand Dollars!! I met with the legal guys yesterday and thought about it all night. Not much sleep. It looks like Hennessey will get away with screwing me out of over 20K (my LS6 heads too), for now. After discussing this with the legal boys we agreed that HMS is in some trouble. I do not doubt that he has much of a legal leg to stand on. It is a pretty simple case I should get a judgement and after much time, money hassle etc., The courts will tell me what I already know. Hennessey Owes Me 20K!! Collecting it is another story. I got an E-mail from one of his vendors telling me that he had to send HMS to a collection agency!! I got an E-mail from a guy who has been waiting for almost two years to recover 18k!!! I have a gut feeling, (part of why I took my car in the first place), that there is just too much going wrong at HMS. The courts could award me 2 mil, but if there is no money then there is no money. 100% of 0 is 0. I hate to walk away from 20k but it has become too much of a distraction. My car is safe at MTI. I have an awsome 422 being installed. I have an AZZ load of stuff coming from Caravaggio, a big brake package from Dilusi etc. It is time for me to get on and concentrate on the new project. What choice do I have??

This has also become a very controversial subject on the forum. People have lost points and even been banned as a result of posts that have been escalated and turned into flames. Although I feel that it is important that we keep each other informed, enough is enough and I must put this to rest.

My point has been made. I have received many E-mails thanking me for posting this situation by people who were about to do business with this "tuner". Think about how much business HMS has lost due to this. Two key employees have left the company in the last two weeks. "If" he had my money (10k for the settlement) common sense would say he would have sent it and avoided this whole hassle. Not doing anything to my car within the ample time that he had it was bad enough. But keeping my money and parts is out right theft! Hennessey has not responded to me either publicly or privately. My attempts to contact him have been ignored. I bet he is reading this though. HEY JOHN WHERE IS MY MONEY, HEADS??? Sorry I just had to do that. I wonder if he does a head and cam with my heads ... would that be considered selling stolen parts?

I have not forgotten this though. I will forever be one of those, (several), thorns in his side. If he ever shows up here I will be on him (like a perfect gentleman - moderators). He has only done two C5s. I would not be suprised if they do not leap out in his defense. All is not as good as it seems!!
I am taking other actions as well. The "potential" law suit will wait until I am sure he will be in business for awhile though. For now I, (for my sanity and yours), will let this issue die - unless there is a significant event. I am still willing to take the 10k and my heads if he can make that happen I will be absolutely sure to let all of you know.

All of my posts have been completely truthful and I have tried to be as calm as possible. I offered Hennessey many opportunities to counter he did not - that should speak for itself. For the people who have been offended while taking one side or the other I am sorry. That was not my intent. To the moderators it was also not my intent to create the kind of situation that causes members to be banned or docked. For that I am sorry as well. To the members who think I am either overreacting or whining ... this is not a small misunderstanding between HMS and I. This is about TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS that has been in Hennessey's hands for most of this year. It is about ZERO progress as of Oct. 10 on a car that he has had since July 23. It is about a pattern of lies, broken promises and theivery that has existed at HMS for apparently quite some time and it is about my stupidity. Stupid to trust a name without proper research. For all of the people who supported me THANKS you are appreciated I will do the same for you. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
No Mercy!,

Damn, all i can say is i feel for you deeply, its a terriable shame the way some people do business. I hope in the end a favorable solution can be obtained for all. Kept the faith...................

:)

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Same here...........

He may as well start selling cars.........cause shortly, he will not be modding them any longer............his rep is SHOT.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
No Mercy, sorry to hear about this. I think that if any lessons can be learned here they might be: (1) check out your prospective tuner very carefully in advance and perhaps even more important (2) don't lay to much cash on anyone upfront!

I hope you get your $ back, but unfortunately it sounds like Hennessey may be going under. :(

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMA, Thanks I feel better already. :cheers:

Z06, It is a shame. Thanks! :cheers:

BLEU, Unfortunately you are correct. I hope that my experience can be a lesson to all. Thanks!! :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Bill,

Really sorry to hear your problems with HMS. I am really disppointed in them. Hopefully you will recover your money, but I have my doubts.

As far as anyone getting banned....I can't speak for the other forums, but it WILL NOT happen here!! You're free to say whatever you wish, and if HMS cares to comment, they are welcome to do so.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Bill you are 1 CLASS guy!

I have alot of respect for you. You handled youself with a HUGE amount of class. FUBU69/LES:)

·
Registered
340 Posts
No Mercy your flat out right.....But when it comes to that deal your offering him (10K+headers) your wrong......That shouldn't even be an option for him, it should be 25k plus headers and no lawyers and a resurrected reputation. IDK how much money you make but 10K's is a ton for me (Would actually double my Corvette Fund) so my advice to you is keep sqeezing until you get every cent back plus interest and of corse your headers (Thats just childish that he still has your headers)......I hate bad business

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
100% behind you here.

It is often said that one dissatisfied customer will tell 10 others. (This was before Gore invented the internet.) Thanks to you for telling others of your experiences! Ironically, by warning others of your experience, you have cut off his cash flow, and with it also any hope of getting your money back. Thanks for jumping on that grenade!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
first off nomercy I've been reading and sorry to hear what's happened and I agree with you and think HMS is in the wrong here big time. Now for the tricky question. This is a tight line to walk that is why I want to make sure you know I agree with you 110%. If John got some people to run his buisness and he did the tuning do you think (not you personally, I can see why you wouldn't) other people would do alright with his cars? I do not know him, have never dealt with him but everything I have ever read has been nothing but praise for his tuning skills and nothing but hate (with a couple of satisfied customers) with his buisness skills. Just curious, I assume he is not taking your deal for 10K and the heads because he just doesn't have the money. I also deal that someone with that much tuning skill is wasting it cause he doesn't have a buisness mind. Just a curious question, not meant to cause trouble. Just hoping that John reads this and thinks about maybe getting someone to take care of his buisness so he can continue his tuning. Ohh and just a side note, your 20K was prob the downpayment he made so he could build his new shop that he moved into when he had your car :roll: Good luck with the car and if I get to hawaii next year I'd love to see the car in person. It looks great in pics...

·
Registered
464 Posts
No Mercy,

You are handling yourself better than I would! Have you written
a letter to the Attorney General of Texas? They will prosecute this
for you at no charge to you. You can even fill out a complaint on line. If you search the Viper boards you will see there are many
that don't like HMS. It is to bad, a company with potential being
run wrong just sucks.

Good luck and don't let them off so easy!

2Charmed

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Hey Bud...

I followed your continuing exploits on the other forum... Don't know what the problems are over there, and don't really want to get into them. It's not my forum, and I don't know if I could do any better, but over here, as long as you don't get too out of line, it's pretty much free.

Matter of fact, I find myself, even though I'm only FRC, spending lots more time over here trying to catchup.

You got a bad turn from HMS. No doubt about it. I agree with the other fellow who said that 20k is a large ton of money. I suspect that, given my options, I would be in touch with the Attorney General in Texas. That amount of money plus heads, plus everything else that was going on, amounts to grand larceny as I see it. All in all, you handled it all in a much more classy manner than I would have. I do honestly believe that I would have taken a road trip (with all the implied excesses involved).:eek:

Hope it works out. I don't speak for anyone else much, but if I can ever be of assistance, gimme a yell Bra! (You're in Hawaii, right)?:p

Take care and be well...

·
Registered
0 Posts
I didn't see the CF post that was locked. Why was it locked?? :-?

Did it have something to do with Hennessey wanting to become a CF supporting Vendor?? :-? Does anyone have a link to the thread? I would like to see it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Never mind, I found it. :roll:

I have one thing to say, as bad as we need Supporting Vendors, we will not knowingly allow a vendor to support us that is cheating our members.

Bill, if I were you, I would be on a plane tonight heading for Houston and I would be demanding my money back in full!! :flaming:

·
Registered
566 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Sadly, I can't say I'm surprised. It's why I originally felt you were making the best choice.

However, I'm not so sure you are now. If you truly believe HMS is not going to do anything for you, then I think you have to live up to your user name. I know that I would have tried to quickly settle as you did. But if you are going to get screwed anyway, well....my motto is take em with ya!!! I doubt it will cost that much to get the machinery going for a lawsuit. It will either get results, or it will force him to close sooner rather than later.

I am easily vindictive enough to do this, and I recommend it strongly. If he does close because of it, you at least get the satisfaction of knowing you may have saved someone else from getting hurt.

I think you have been very honorable throughout this, and I respect that. But you really have to get the gloves off sooner or later.

He may still believe his business is salvageable, the downfall of many small business owners. And maybe it is. But he may try to get some money to you to stop the lawsuit. He obviously won't to save his reputation, but maybe to save his business?

Best of luck no matter what you decide. This situation sucks.

·
Registered
206 Posts
No Mercy
I was one of the people that came to your defense (as many others did) on that OTHER forum. When Hennesey made his offers of free dyno day (since cancelled) plus the parts and labor deal, I couldn't stand it anymore and did a one sentence response stating "I wouldn't touch the deal with a ten foot d**k"
For this I was penalized and threatened with bannishment. When I feel someone is telling the truth and getting a raw deal, I will go to the mat. I had a similar experience with Callaway years ago.
I wrote an open letter to Troy and then told them it was my last post there. Interestingly it looks like old troy deleted the topic and kept the group hug topic instead. I don't need people like Troy telling me what I can or cannot say.

:mad:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
KellyZ06 said:
I don't need people like Troy telling me what I can or cannot say.

:mad:
Hi KellyZ06,

Glad to see you are still around! :cheers:

Really sad to see all that happening over there. Don't think I fully understand, unless it has gone from being fun to being more like a business. And that, as I say, is from a position of not understanding all of it.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Frank, Thank you bro. I appreciate it. :cheers:

FUBU, Thanks!! :cheers:

Vetteless, Believe me if I though he had it I would be much more agressive. The state of Texas (Atty Gen) will be involved. I'll let them take care of it.

Zoomin, BOOM!!! You are welcome bro!! Thank you for the reply!! :cheers:

red, Actually Kyle and his mechanics do all the tuning. I have been told by John Hennessey does none of the "tuning". All he has to do is run (ruin) the business :roll:. Thanks! :cheers:

charmed, You are correct and I will be doing that early next week. Thanks!! :cheers:

Sig, I will be sure to "take care of business". Thanks!! :cheers:

Frank, Thanks for standing tall on this. I do appreciate your support. It does send a message ... :cheers:

Dennis, :cheers:

Blk, This will now become a sick little hobby of mine. I will not make it "too" public but I will slowly and quietly squeeze this clown like a pre-pubecent pimple. If I can get something out, great, but it will leave a mark either way. :D :D Thanks!! :cheers:

Kelly, Thanks bro!!!! I know you took a bullet for me and I do appreciate it. If you ever make it out here to paradise let me know. Drinks are on me. :cheers:

BTW ... that offer is extended to everyone, drinks on me. ***

*** Disclaimer: This offer does not pertain to Frank, isn't 20k damage enough?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts