Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was passed onto me by a dealer. I trust your salesperson / dealer has already told you this, but for those that did not get the info here is how it works.......

Phase I Details
• Dealers will be placed in Tiers based on their 52 weeks of retail Corvette sale
history (June 2004 - May 2005) for the first 3 consensus cycles.
- Tier 1 will be comprised of the 25 largest volume Corvette Dealers
- Tier 2 will include the largest 125 Corvette Dealers
- Tier 3 will expand to include the largest 300 Corvette Dealers
• Initial consensus:
- June 2005 (for production week 33)
- Exclusively to Tier 1 Dealers using the June 2004 - May 2005 sales history
• Second consensus:
- July 2005 (for production weeks 34 - 36)
- Exclusively to Tier 1 & 2 Dealers based on the launch sales data
• Third and final Phase I consensus:
- August 2005 (for production weeks 37 - 40)
- Distributed to Tier 1, 2 & 3 Dealers
• Consensed allocations will be "protected", so that Dealers cannot accidentally
loose their allocations. Pattern Z06 orders will be created as necessary during
weekly DOSP cycles.

Phase II Details
• Eliminates the assignment of Dealer Tiers. All Certified Corvette
Dealers with a June 2004 - May 2005 sales history will be comprehended
in the balance of allocation calculations.
• The allocation determined by the same formula in phase 1
• Begins with the September 2005 consensus (for production weeks 41 - 45)
• Due to the limited production of the Z06 model there will be no
guarantee that each Certified Corvette Dealer will receive allocation
for a Z06 model
• Consensed allocations will continue to be "protected", from accidental
loss. Pattern Z06 orders will be created as necessary during weekly
DOSP cycles.
• Z06 will not qualify for PEP, but will be eligible for EVP Drive & Buy
and GMS/Supplier when the current incentive program expires

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I like the last part best :ity:

Z06 will not qualify for PEP, but will be eligible for EVP Drive & Buy and GMS/Supplier when the current incentive program expires

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
OK, so what's the consensus on the volume of a 3 tier wedding cake dealer? :rofl:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Could you explain these programs:

"Z06 will not qualify for PEP, but will be eligible for EVP Drive & Buy
and GMS/Supplier when the current incentive program expires"

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
104 Posts
Let me translate this for you guys. Unless you are at the top of the pre-order list, you are not getting a Z06 anywhere near sticker and more than likely not getting a Z06 at all! It is shaping up to be another 100k 1990 ZR1 fiasco!

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, no reason to buy a slower car.

Joe

Z06Dad said:
So Joe, you on a list for a C6 Z06?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm just glad Rick works for a Tier 1 Dealer! :)

It's getting exciting now that my order is in and finalized....

I can't wait anymore!!!! :guiness:

·
Registered
765 Posts
DavidNJ said:
Could you explain these programs:

"Z06 will not qualify for PEP, but will be eligible for EVP Drive & Buy
and GMS/Supplier when the current incentive program expires"

Thanks,

David
Someone appears to have copied and pasted from a restricted access website.

PEP and EVP are categories of GM executive company cars, based on position and classifed differently in tax purposes.

Dealers are not supposed to paste that kind of information out, as there is a confidentialty disclaimer on the site that might need to be re-read.

All materials contained within this Web site are considered GM proprietary and their unauthorized use or distribution is illegal.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is there a site where you can look up a dealer to see where they rank from 1 to 300 or whatever in corvette sales.

·
Registered
765 Posts
DRDVETTE said:
Is there a site where you can look up a dealer to see where they rank from 1 to 300 or whatever in corvette sales.
No, not typically available.

Kerbeck in NJ is the largest.
Les Stanford in MI is 2nd largest.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Looks like those that have a 2001-2004 C5 Z06 own a classic vette. Best looking vette yet now and maybe into the future.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Sanford said:
Looks like those that have a 2001-2004 C5 Z06 own a classic vette. Best looking vette yet now and maybe into the future.
Very well said Sanford :yeadog:

Jack

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
jdogg said:
Someone appears to have copied and pasted from a restricted access website.

PEP and EVP are categories of GM executive company cars, based on position and classifed differently in tax purposes.

Dealers are not supposed to paste that kind of information out, as there is a confidentialty disclaimer on the site that might need to be re-read.
You work for GM or a dealer or affiliate? :-?

·
Registered
449 Posts
jdogg said:
No, not typically available.

I called Kerbeck off of the website number and I guess number 1 doesn't need my business. They had an answering machine during the middle of day that stated someone would return the call. They never called back yet and guess what, number 2 got my order.

I can't stand this electronic laziness of these big companies. I personally think from my experience that Kerbeck s...xx. I know someone that used to work there and they didn't report glowing superlatives...

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Having worked for GM I know that PEP stand for Product Evalutaion Plan. Higher level GM employees get issued cars for their daily use...after driving them for a period of time, they turn them back into the company and get issued another vehicle to evaluate.

At least that's how it worked in the past. Regular employees had the opportunity to buy the PEP cars after the evaluation period, IF the initial evaluator did not want to buy the car themselves. That's how I was able to buy a slighly used/new GM car every six months. My wife and I had a wide variety of new/used cars such as Cadillacs, Buick GN's, Pontiac, Buick, 4x4, etc. It was fun, and gave me a lot of experience/knowledge on the latest from GM. :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the very detailed info.

Being eligible for GM Employee & Supplier discounts, & given waiting list & allocation driven kaos, I will most likely wait until 2007, or 2008 model year when:

1. GM discount is available on the Z
2. Sub 6.3% financing is in affect
3. Reap the minor quality improvements/engineering enhancements made on all Corvettes and Z06s (continuous improvement).
4. Changes in Exterior color options

Definitely after the 1st year buzz is over and a great car is made available for an even better deal.

:cheers:

·
Registered
47 Posts
jdogg said:
Kerbeck has been the World's Lagest Corvette dealer for the past decade for good reason. They make Corvette buying a very comfortable experience. I bought my 2003 Z06 from Kerbeck and can't say enough regarding the friendly warm treatment I received. I'd recommend Kerbeck Corvette to anyone looking for a "good buy" on a Corvette. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts