Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
hey, i just posted the same pic in the misc. section.

i guess its a race.

oh, well at least nobody can miss it now. :cheers: :cheers:

kingpin

·
Registered
85 Posts
Cool Pic. The brakes are not painted red on the "Z" and theirs no cross drilled rotors or is it me then Im blind.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
It's gonna be interesting to see which car is faster. I hate to say it but, I'm gonna say the GT is the faster car. :eek:o:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ls1jp said:
Cool Pic. The brakes are not painted red on the "Z" and theirs no cross drilled rotors or is it me then Im blind.
The bigger pic reveals the red calipers....the quality of the picture is low, so the rotors don't seem to be drilled....but they are. :pp:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KINGPIN said:
hey, i just posted the same pic in the misc. section.

i guess its a race.

oh, well at least nobody can miss it now. :cheers: :cheers:

kingpin
LOL...I was just 6 minutes earlier..... :crazy:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nice pic! :cheers:

·
Registered
390 Posts
case2307 said:
It's gonna be interesting to see which car is faster. I hate to say it but, I'm gonna say the GT is the faster car. :eek:o:
for a 100 grand more it sure oughta be! :ity:

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
I have a magazine article that tests the GT at 12.2 at 121 mph. That's not so impressive. The ET could be off but the trap speed probably isn't. It weighs a hair shy of 3400#s.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
No Contest, the GT wins hands down. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
the GT, just as teh Viper, still has that lower production WOW factor over the Z which is still a dressed up vette to most people. Given the opportunity to have any of them without paying I wouldnt be picky, because I'd buy a Z with my own money on the side.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I'll take both.... :cheers:

·
Registered
284 Posts
The low production wow factor favors the GT for sure but the new Z06 is going to make the people who shelled out over $200,000 for a car that feel kind of silly. I think the only real world competition for the Z06 is going to be the new Porsche GT3, and it is only going to cost around $100,000! What a deal, pay $100,000 - $250,000 just to keep up with a $50,000 -$70,000 Corvette!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Price no objective/you're rich = Buy the GT. No contest.

Z06 is 65K and GT was 100K = Buy the GT. No contest.

Z06 is 65K and the GT is sticker at $140 = Z06. No contest.

Z06 is 65K and Ford dealers want $250K = Z06. Laughable.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
onerareviper said:
Price no objective/you're rich = Buy the GT. No contest.

Z06 is 65K and GT was 100K = Buy the GT. No contest.

Z06 is 65K and the GT is sticker at $140 = Z06. No contest.

Z06 is 65K and Ford dealers want $250K = Z06. Laughable.

Let's wait until we see some real track times before we do any laughing. So far, no one has seen anything of substance about Z06 performance at the road course. If you buy only for prestige, not for performance, then buy a Ferrari and be done with it--why fool with the Ford at all?

As to the GT3 comment above, from a Bench Racing perspective, the 380 hp GT3 is not even in the Z's league--it would take a Carrera GT to hang with or beat the new Z .

·
Registered
500 Posts
Howdy!

I believe onerare's "laughable" comment was directed towards the GT being marked up $100K in some markets (i.e., I don't _think_ it was intended to be derogatory towards the Z :D ). If you factor in cost at all - plus a $100K markup - I agree the GT just seems a little silly.

Personally I think the GT (40) namesake is a bit prestigious (not unluck the Shelby AC Cobra, etc.) and it's certainly exclusive (in some areas, I suspect even much more exclusive than a Ferrari!). As far as legandary American vehicles, it has a few pages in the history books.

Ultimately, the new Z though will be a milestone of automotive performance where price is a factor! Assuming GM doesn't get all crazy and price it out of this world - but if the current buzz holds true and it shows for roughly $64-65K, yeah, pretty amazing :z:

Seeya!

quickZ said:
Let's wait until we see some real track times
before we do any laughing.

If you buy only for prestige, not for performance, then buy a Ferrari and be done with it--why fool with the Ford at all?

·
Registered
49 Posts
DT04R said:
Howdy!

I believe onerare's "laughable" comment was directed towards the GT being marked up $100K in some markets (i.e., I don't _think_ it was intended to be derogatory towards the Z :D ). If you factor in cost at all - plus a $100K markup - I agree the GT just seems a little silly.

Personally I think the GT (40) namesake is a bit prestigious (not unluck the Shelby AC Cobra, etc.) and it's certainly exclusive (in some areas, I suspect even much more exclusive than a Ferrari!). As far as legandary American vehicles, it has a few pages in the history books.

Ultimately, the new Z though will be a milestone of automotive performance where price is a factor! Assuming GM doesn't get all crazy and price it out of this world - but if the current buzz holds true and it shows for roughly $64-65K, yeah, pretty amazing :z:

Seeya!
Yep! Price is always a factor, for all but the most wealthy. The Z06 is a no-brainer over the Ford GT, unless the GT was priced where it should be (IMO), around 100K. Then I would scratch for every last penny and try to own one.... Personally, I feel it is worth 35K more than the Z06 (for reasons other than performance), but not 75K+ more (sticker) or 165K+ more (What they are going for - laughable). We are speaking hypothetically, of course, since Ford will NEVER decrease the price of the GT. So in the real world, I select the Z06.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts