Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got this from my buddy whos gets the gm discounts...55k for a base Z.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Now at $55 it's the greatest bargain since.. well EVER!!!

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Jayzvette said:
Good Luck finding a Dealer to honor it :ity: :ity:
Good luck finding a dealerwith honour.. period... :p ;)

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
At $55K, they couldn't build them fast enough to meet the demand, i'm just dreaming though. :(

Jack

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
gsjack said:
At $55K, they couldn't build them fast enough to meet the demand, i'm just dreaming though. :(

Jack
Somehow the fact that they could sell 15,000 a year at that price seems to have completely passed over the heads of the yahoos that are driving GM into the crapper.

Here you have a great product - people who want it, and they failed to price it to sell.

And we all were lead to believe GM was driven to sell as much product as possible... apparently not.

This also goes towards disproving all those people that claimed the C6 Z06 carried some ubsurd high production cost.

Again - seems to not be true.

Ah well - who knows, maybe GM deserves to go belly-up - as the folks at the helm have been sleeping on the job for going on 30 years now.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Corvette and ZO6 are not eligible for GMS pricing, for GM Employees.

ZO6 is not eligible for PEP Drive and Buys.

This is a mental masturbation exercise, based on the percentages that have been set up for all GM vehicles.

This is also a posting of information from a secure website, and is confidential.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
jdogg said:
Corvette and ZO6 are not eligible for GMS pricing, for GM Employees.
Yes they are - I confirmed with a local dealer that C6 Z51's qualify for the current "everyone" gets GM Employee price campaign.

jdogg said:
This is also a posting of information from a secure website, and is confidential.
So?

Apparently it wasn't very secure - and now no longer confidential.

And I invite GM to come to my door and talk about it.. :roll:

·
Registered
654 Posts
WOW 55K. Lucky dog.

Too all you guys fortunate enough to be able to get one regardless of price. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
RC45 said:
Somehow the fact that they could sell 15,000 a year at that price seems to have completely passed over the heads of the yahoos that are driving GM into the crapper.

Here you have a great product - people who want it, and they failed to price it to sell.

And we all were lead to believe GM was driven to sell as much product as possible... apparently not.

This also goes towards disproving all those people that claimed the C6 Z06 carried some ubsurd high production cost.

Again - seems to not be true.

Ah well - who knows, maybe GM deserves to go belly-up - as the folks at the helm have been sleeping on the job for going on 30 years now.

hmmm lets see 15,000 cars at a $2,000 profit for a total profit of $30 Mill
or
5,000 cars at a profit of $12,000 profit for a total of $60 Mil

I'm not saying GM is doing a great thing but they are making twice as much keeping some rarity on the car and having to deal with a 1/3 less warrenty repair work.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i removed the view on the other forum cause it was getting kiddish, i was just throwing out some unseen info for them and i get slamed, oh well thats why this place it like home.

·
Registered
765 Posts
RC45 said:
Yes they are - I confirmed with a local dealer that C6 Z51's qualify for the current "everyone" gets GM Employee price campaign.

So?

Apparently it wasn't very secure - and now no longer confidential.

And I invite GM to come to my door and talk about it.. :roll:
Your dealer is misinformed. Read the fine print on the ads. http://www.gm.com/servlets/com.gm.vssm.junebug.Controller?cmp=gm_com
*Excludes 2005 Chevrolet Corvette and medium duty trucks. Take delivery by July 5, 2005. See dealer for details.
And security is only as secure as people feel it to be.

A secret is not secret once you tell another. So take it as far as you want.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
jdogg said:
Your dealer is misinformed. Read the fine print on the ads. http://www.gm.com/servlets/com.gm.vssm.junebug.Controller?cmp=gm_com
*shrug*

Considering they are already selling the Z51 at X thousand off I guess they are just willing to not play the "dealer markup" game.

Maybe I should go bakc and take him up on the employee discount offer then.

Either way it's a moot dicsussion - GM is so far up the creek they need a lot more than an extra 10,000 Corvette sales to get through this slump.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
What kind of discounts are the forum dealers offering to our members?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts