1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of the vendors interested in building a piece of equipment that will
1.)read the WOT 02 signal
2.) Have a Dial to set the desired AFR Ratio @ WOT
3.) connect to and adjust a MAFT accordingly.

Sounds great to me. I would buy one for $50
Comments, questions?
:cheers:

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm still learning, but I was under the impression that:
1) the 02 signal at WOT is not used by the PCM
2) the dial you speak of would be a MAFT (readily available)
3) see #2, this IS the definition of a MAFT

I could be wrong, and if so please correct me....I need to LEARN!:cheers:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lambinator Im learning to. This is what Iv pieced together so far.
as to how correct it is??? Im not sure

1. you are right the PCM does not use the O2 sensors
it uses a table that changes according to a % of the A/F signals being read through out the normal driving range. (basically Not idle and not WOT) and has an enrichment built in for WOT.

2. The MAFT Allows you to set the A/F ratio + or - 15% (?)
The dial Im thinking off would allow you to set a desired O2 output which would be a certain A/F ratio. 12.7 to 1 etc.. It would also read the current O2 output and adjust to what has been set.

3. What Im thinking of would not be a MAFT.

Im not sure how the MAFT effects the normal driving range if at all. maybe someone could chime in if they know.

The basic Idea would be to get ideal A/F ratio for that day.
Seems to me after adding a item such as headers or something to warrent the MAFT and taking it to a dyno and setting it to a certain setting would not be as ideal on a 90 degree day as compared to a 40 degree day. By adding a box like im talking about would take actual measurements for that days weather and would adjust the MAFT for ideal performance. One thing im not sure about is how the MAFT really (details) makes the adjustments or fools the PCM. And weather the PCM takes care of all of this stuff for you. Maybe TeamZR1 can help us understand better. Hope this helps Dont take it to the bank though. LOL :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts