Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the board...just got my 2001 Z06 yesterday...

Bought a set of Iforged wheels, just wondering what kinda aftermarket suspension is recommended...

also been hearing good and bad about the haltech intake.... any other recomendations intake wise?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Welcome

:cheers: Welcome to the Place :jammin:

As far as suspension goes, alot depends on what you want to do with the car, I think that the suspension that is on it pretty good. And IMO I think that Jim Hall has good products.

Once again Welcome!!

Peelin' Out
Ted :cheers: :usa:

·
Registered
895 Posts
You might want to to a search on 2004 shocks. These seem to be a good upgrade from the stock 2001, or 2002-2003.

Steve

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of knowledge here, and even more opinions :D

Do a search on intakes, there are pro's and con's to every mod. No problem with the Haltech if you go that route - I had one and had zero issues .. now I have the Vararam which I happen to like better. Others like the Vortex unit that Breathless (a Forum sponsor and great guys BTW) can provide.

As far as suspension goes, make sure it is lowered and aligned correctly. I upgraded to the 04 shocks, it is a good mod especially if you drive in a ... spirited ... manner.

Les

01Z_06 said:
Hey guys, new to the board...just got my 2001 Z06 yesterday...

Bought a set of Iforged wheels, just wondering what kinda aftermarket suspension is recommended...

also been hearing good and bad about the haltech intake.... any other recomendations intake wise?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Welcome to Z site. :z:

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Welcome to the club! :cheers:

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I'm happy with my Halltech. As far as suspension, I just recommend lowering the car (see DIY in here for that) and if you don't mind a stiff ride a better shock is about all you need, but the OEM is waaay to soft for me at high speeds, knowing I'm happy to sacrifice bumpiness for handling.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Congratulations on the Z and welcome to :z:
Quite a few Z's in the "north country," and room to run :D
I met Dan and Kyle Corcoran in their "Cancer Corvette" during the One Lap stop at Summit Point, WV in May.

Nothing to add to the above ATT.
Lots of thread discussions available thru search function.
Enjoy the ride! :jammin:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Welcome aboard...

·
Registered
806 Posts
:zboobie: :cheers:

·
10,998 Posts

from another happy 2001 owner. :D :z:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks

Thanks for all the welcomes and all the help...... im thinking about going boost since thats all ive pretty much driven, but wheather i go boost or supercharge it wont be till after the winter....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts