Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my aftermarket air bridge and there is a hole on the drivers side that looks like it may belong to a different year corvette. Is that true? Can i just block it off and would it still be functional? Thanks in advance, Luis

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
You got a C5 (LS1) air bridge. You can block it off but, I'd send it back and get the correct one. :cheers:

·
21,386 Posts
case2307 said:
You got a C5 (LS1) air bridge. You can block it off but, I'd send it back and get the correct one. :cheers:
Yep, that was for the air intake temp sensor before they put in with the MAF.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'd send it back and get your money. Unless you're going for looks.

I dyno'd three different air bridges with a Blackwing intake and saw no change in power.

Of course I was not optimizing the tuning for each, but it seemed to me that there wasn't much there.

What have other people seen?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it used and see it as no way to send it back, so I should be find blocking it off with some kinda of rubber piece?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thats the one for '97-'99 vettes. I'd find a buyer with one of these years and try again.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I would re-sell and buy the correct one. You can block it off and there would be no problem, besides just seeing that block-off piece on the part. It's up to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts