Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any of you who are C5 Registry members have probably received your special 2002 Z06 Issue of the registry magazine. This is one for the archives! :D Hib Halverson's article on the '02 Z is as comprehensive as you can get. I know Hib checks in to the forum sometimes, and I just want to tell him what a great job he did, as always, on this issue! :cheers: If you're not a member of the registry and own a '02 Z06, you need to find someone who is and have them order you a back issue.

P.S. Hey Hib, How can a guy get a poster of that cover? That sucker would look GREAT on the old garage wall!:cool: :z:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks for the kind words about the piece in the C5 Registry magazine, Tom.

What's interesting is there are actually two distinctly different versions of that article. The magazine has the "long" version and the C5reg. web site has the short version.

I'm working with the Registry to get the two synchronized.

As for the poster of the magazine cover, that was done by the Registry's graphic arts vendor. As far as I know, no poster exists. The best way to change that would be for C5 Registry members who want a poster to make their feelings known to the Registry's management.

When I saw the proof of that cover I was very impressed. The C5 Registry hired a new graphic arts vendor several months ago and the company's work is outstanding. Hopefully the Registry will continue with the magazine's new direction

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Have always enjoyed reading Hib's articles!!! He knows what he is talking about.....which is NOT always the case with the media!

We're fortunate to have him here! :cheers:

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
906 Posts
After reading the online article; great article Mr. Halverson.:cheers:

I think I was nearly drooling during parts.:guiness:

I need to finish school fast so I can get back to work and support my need for Corvettes (ZO6es :D).

Thanks again for the great article(s).:cheers:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Zippy said:
Have always enjoyed reading Hib's articles!!! He knows what he is talking about.....which is NOT always the case with the media!
Well, thanks Zipster but I wish all the magazines felt that way. Vette Magazine told me late last month that my contribution in the November issue would be my last.

I hate getting "thrown under the bus" but, sometimes, you just gotta say, "What the f***." Then go have a beer
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hib Halverson said:

Well, thanks Zipster but I wish all the magazines felt that way. Vette Magazine told me late last month that my contribution in the November issue would be my last.

I hate getting "thrown under the bus" but, sometimes, you just gotta say, "What the f***." Then go have a beer
:cheers:
Well that SUCKS!!!

:mad: :puke: :( I'm a "Vette" subscriber and I don't appreciate them breaking off one of our own!:mad: All of us should drop them a line and let them know what we think of their decision!!

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I could not agree more.Hib gives the most through report on the 02 Z.When Hib speaks I listen.Great Job Hib!:cheers:

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Hib,
Your article, on the '02 Z06 was the most contributory reason for me to trade my '01 conv in on a '02Z.:)

carzzy

·
Registered
631 Posts
Vette Magazine told me late last month that my contribution in the November issue would be my last.

:-? What the hell is the matter with Vette magazine ?

Hib - your writing is outstanding - Period.

I have read your articles on the 2001 and the 2002 Z06 many times over.

Nobody writes better than you do about any automobile.

Vette magazine telling you off is ridiculous !:flaming:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts