Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a treat to log on this morning and read Hib's review of the '02. I must say that I did not know about all of the changes/upgrades, such as the cat converters being redesigned. To be honest, I really was conflicted about whether to order the '02 based on some enticing rumors a few months ago, or go vette-less for another year in anticipation of the 50th anniv models. Now, I am thrilled with my decision to get that EB - in about 9 weeks! IMHO, I think the '02 represents significant improvements, not the least of which are the new rings and pistons, redesigned clutch, etc. Once again IMHO, this year's LS-6 probably represents the production high water mark for the 346 ci engine.

Like most of us I have heard the rumors that a 6 liter (maybe 425 h/p) may be coming, possibly some displacement on demand scheme (sounds kinda complicated - maybe will take time to get the bugs out). Look how long it took to eliminate most of the problems with the current model. Regardless, I think the '02 will be one kick-ass car that I will never be sorry to have purchased.

I am glad to hear that Chev plans to continue the Z06 for some time to come - and in 3-5 years I will take another look at what is on the table.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Now Frank,
Don't start anything with that C6 ZO6 thing.
If you don't know anyhting, you knowwhat to do with that info. HINT
Thanks Frank

·
Registered
3,108 Posts

On 2001-06-20 22:44, VPRKLLR spewed forth this drivel:
Now Frank,
Don't start anything with that C6 ZO6 thing.
If you don't know anyhting, you knowwhat to do with that info. HINT
Thanks Frank
Ditto /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Hib always writes such great articles!
Thanks Hib!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
With 20% Z06 production on the assembly line we ought to be getting a lot of new members in the next 8 months.

Did anyone see a no brainer mod they are going to do from the factory swap out possibilities?

I think I saw several '02 items that will be used when and if I need a replacement part. Track events will definitely require brake pad upgrades etc. The '02 factory air box is not up to the aftermarket though from the looks of it. MAF? not sure.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts