Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was wondering if a few members could post pics and opinions of the hid kits they chose for their Z's? I'm leaning towards the xtec kit but I would like to see a few more pics and opinions on it and the various other kits as well. Also does anyone know where I can purchase an xtec kit or any other hid kit for the Z06? Thanks.

-Drew

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I'm interested in a kit also. Can someone pm me any info?

TIA,
Alex

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I have HIDs in Ecode lenses, and all I can say is you need projector lights with HIDs. I have been looking for the last few months for an off the shelf projector headlight to no avail. While the HIDs are considerably brighter the beam pattern in a halogen light is unfocused, making them less then optimal.

As for finding HID kits, just google HID 9500 kit and you should find more vendors than you know what to do with. The bulb is a direct fit for the OEM. Just make sure you get the right size bulb and you get a kit that comes with ballasts. You should pay between 2-400 for a complete HID kit.

-N

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Nabbs,

Thanks for the info.

:thumb:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Has anyone tried these HID PIAA drop in replacement bulbs? Are they really HID? I dont see a balast..

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Sub,

I would stray from using the replacement bulbs. You're better off buying a real HID conversion kit. The bulbs aren't very impressive.

Alex

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Hey, nice lights.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Real HIDs are the best. I had the Euro high wattage halogens with Euro glass lenses from a forum vendor. They were miles better than the stock lights on the Z, but they are still nowhere near as good as the HIDs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've had the Xtec 5000k kit for a few weeks now. It is simply unbelievable, and no pictures will do it justice. Makes night time driving very enjoyable.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Daniel,

Can you pm me a vendor for the Xtec 5000k?

TIA,
Alex

1 - 17 of 17 Posts