Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had HID lights installed on the Z06 today - 80 watt low beam and 110 watt high beam.

Man are they strange here in boondock land. When you are on a road (like many of ours) with no reference points other than green trees and grass, the bright lights seem dim and it is hard to distinguish the road from the off road.

When there are reflectors and guard rails and such, they seem to do better.

The left low beam seems to point into the ground 20 feet from the front of the car. I never noticed that with the regular bulbs, yet the allignment didn't change. Maybe it is due to the higher wattage bulb.

I guess you can used to anything, but I am not so sure they are all they are cracked up to be. I would venture to say they are great in the snow. . Well they look neat from the front. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Steve:

Are these the lights that appear blue as the car approaches you? I have seen them on most European cars, but have a hard time with the price...M-B C class shows the Xenon HID as an $850 option!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Hey, what if Chevy offered HID on the C5?
Salesman to Customer: "Do you want HUD with HID, or just HID without HUD? Or maybe HID HUD?
Customer: "HUH?"

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

'02 Electron Blue/Black Coming!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have been driving around with the Xenon HID lights for about a year now... They really are amazing. They do take some time to get used to and you feel like an ass since you realize you are blinding people in front of you. I am getting rid of the car that has these light when I get the Z06 and that's going to be one of the very veyr very very few things I am going to miss.

Jay.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
J-K:

Welcome to the forum! You will go nuts once you drive a Z06! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lights are 95% Xenon HID lights which cost $80. I guess that last 5% is pretty expensive. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have a set of Xenon's on my truck (I am Vetteless for a few years) they cost me something like $70, but for the 1st few monthes I hated them they didn't give a HID look and weren't very bright, but now months later they are very similar to those of the imports and are very bright and provide good enough lighting even when I have my headlight covers on....

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think you guys are confusing the replacement "blue" bulbs you buy for $60-70 for a real HID (high intensity discharge) light system that's about $600.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts