Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting trap speeds of low-mid 120's consistently but can't break the 12 barrier. Any advice or people with similar problems?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Er'.....Rusty

Low........MID 120's??????:-?
What kind of mods are on this beast.......cause these are way off the norm for stock.....you sprayin???

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Hows your 60 ft times?

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Frank, what do you mean something sounds fishy? You saw me with the same problem at Route 66. Heck, I did 120.95 and could only manage a 12.3. :eek: When you can't launch hard or shift 1 to 2 hard because of traction issues, the 11s will remain a mystery.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Rippied

MID 120's????......and where did our TOO mysterious guest go..........??.
Possible, yep, probable...........I "Don't " think so.........not MID..........
Anywho.................RUSTY..........

Show us the Money!!!!!!!

Where are those slips??.
:eek:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Have to agree with you Ron...but your Z is highly modified. We also know the conditions you were racing under.

I would like to know the mods and conditions he is racing under.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Just guessing he means 120.5's, not 125's.

Sounds highly possible to me, since I was running 12.7 @118.33mph with horrible traction...add a couple mph and I'm in the same boat without getting anywhere near 12.3.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Guy's

You know we are not going to see STOCK '02's doing 120's............
But, that's not the issue........Rusty needs(as Frank has said) to give more info..........

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These are street times with gtech but am watching speedo as well. Mods include throttle body and cold air kit, thermostat. Traction between 1st and 2nd is huge problem, and I was wondering if that is a street vs track issue. Use recommended tire pressure

My speedo and gtech could be off exactly the same but highly unlikely and have old time slips which correlate precisely.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
That explains alot.
A Gtech measures MPH at the end point of the run where at a dragstrip it is actually a average MPH between two points on the 1/4 mile track approximately 100' apart.
This causes mph to vary between a gtech and track is usually 3-5mph depending on car and trap speeds.
:cool:

·
Registered
837 Posts
rusty said:
thanks. I appreciate the insight.
Hey Rusty, If you let this thread die without putting up the data requested, then your credibility will be called into question. So, lease post the split times and mph on the dragstrip time slips you say you have that correlate precisely with your GTech runs.

Let's see the numbers.

·
Registered
837 Posts
rusty said:
Don't have scanner. Could care less if you believe me.
If you have time slips that show what you say, please type the numbers for 60', 330', 1/8, 1000' and 1/4 and trap speed.

Don't need a scanner to do that.

Folks here tend to be quite accurate in posting their track results. When claims seem exceptional, a call is made for the claimant to post the split times. If he doesn't, members are free to draw their own conclusions.

So simple request, please type in the numbers. We'd all enjoy seeing mid-120s trap speeds on an 02 Z06 with an air intake.

Two weeks ago we had a new member claiming his 02 was running close to 12.00 bone stock, but "didn't save the time slip. And none of his buds could recall seeing him run faster than 12.3s. The near 12.0s turned out to be BS.

I'm prepared to believe you, Rusty. Just want to see the numbers.

Ranger

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have run my car with a gtech and always get way higher mph, Strip is the only real way to tell! To help with your problem, from experience you will need to get a low 1.80 or 1.70's 60 ft to hit the 11's, unless you have a lot more than bolt on mods.

·
Registered
837 Posts
This is a bad place to post BS about one's achievements driving a Z06. There is too much known from too many owners. Too many time slips posted.

So Rusty's claim that his 02 with just a Halltech has run mid 120s trap speeds (later said to be GTech results) but that

quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by rusty
...have old time slips which correlate precisely.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless he posts the numbers from these time slips that "correlate precisely" with mid-120s, looks like BS from a new member. Bad way to start his association here.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts