Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the fastest speed that you have had your Z06 up to? I have had mine to 167MPH (read on the HUD) it was still climbing but I backed off.:cheers:

carzzy

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
177 twice within about 20 minutes of eachother. That is where the rev limiter hit at 6600 rpm. I checked my speedo with a GPS and at 100 indicated, the GPS also read 100. Some of the guys here have posted that at the 6600 rev limiter I may have been going an actual 181. :eek: Susan said we got to the rev limiter so fast she didn't have time to scream. :D

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
If

I told you, I'd have to kill you:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D
My Black Box Code said..................205:p :p :p :p

Rippied, why is it, when we have a death wish.........WE always want to take a loved one wid us?????:p :p

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Jim..........

Being a native Texican, and a CLOSE neighbor as a UTE, growing up around Lake Texahoma....:D

How long do you figure your address would be at McAlester, had da' Okie boyeez caught you???????

Or, did you do the wise thing, and "Cross over the River!!!!!!"...........:p :p

·
Registered
0 Posts
Re: I can't drive 55 ...

proexpert said:
I never drive over the posted speed limit, 65 mph.
:D
Me either!! :lol: :roll: :lol:

Actually, I have a great fear of being nabbed by the Fuzz!! :( A jail cell shared with a big guy named Bubba does not appeal to me. :eek:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Holy Smokes

I haven't been above 140. Too much traffic and too many police. Although since the Z06 gets up to speed so fast... Hmmm:D

I tend to go with the flow (around here everyone seems to drive 80-90 between stop and gos) and I only really jump up there if I am passing.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Got her up just over 160 mph (couldn't take my eyes off the road for long enough to tell exactly) last week. Having done a 160 mph run in my '99 hardtop on the same road, I was obliged to atleast match the feat in the Z! All I can say is that those that have gone faster in this car were either on the smoothest of roads or just plain had more balls than I did or both. The ride was so bone jarring that I could feel every little rut on the road; tiny bumps that my Z51-endowed hardtop had swallowed effortlessly were hair-raising roller coasters in the Z! Phew! Was I relieved when I decided enough was enough! Just glad to get that need-for-speed out of my system! For now...;)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I need to take the car in and have it aligned after lowering it, so I have not tried the full banzai run in 5th. I was however going to lunch 2 Sunday's ago before lowering it and decided to come off at the light and run through the gears. The distance from this light to the next intersection (I-10) is probably about 2 miles. So I rowed through the gears and got to the top of of 4th which read around 146 and then shut it down since I was cover real estate fairly quickly. The plans call for a top speed run in 5th in the not so distant future.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I saw 150 on the speedo :)

Then, on a run, the guy behind me in a Z said he was going 159, and I was leaving him.....didn't happen to see my speedo to confirm :D

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Only 120 or so, much above that I get too scared, color me a little on the yellow side...

Being legally blind also has an impact on this :D :D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Keep on truckin

I waited all across the country to get to the wide open spaces of Utah and Nevada to open it up. I got to 120 when some bozo driving a 16 wheeler with no sense of depth perception wheeled out into my lane. I was on the binders big time. A few miles later, I saw an unmarked highway patrol with a Grand Sport Vette pulled over and decided to live this particular dream another day. Just too much traffic to let er rip.

On a positive note, the car comes down from speed in a hurry as nicely as it gets up there. Z06Y Lady, writing haltingly. :D

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Those who REALLY want to find out their top speed ought to consider a trip to one of Nevada's open road racing events next year. Trust me guys and gals, barr none, these events are the best opportunity for anyone to find out what a car can really do, but legally, and in relative safety on a public highway.

The best part is you not only get up to speed, but can SUSTAIN it over a very long distance without any fear of getting busted or running into some unsuspecting slow poke on the same road. These events are designed for a "run what you brung" racing venue. Open Road Racing is not just for so-called "race" car drivers, but for EVERYONE who own any car and just wants to drive fast down a public highway. I call it the "Western" version of the German Autobahn if only for a couple days per year.

Go here for more info:

www.openroadracing.com

·
Registered
332 Posts
Just doing a little third gear pull against the husbands '00 roadster on Sunday the HUD read 132 when I shifted into fifth and I wasn't close to red line. Had to back off or run up RIPPIED's rear end!:p

·
Registered
457 Posts
Blue Lady said:
Just doing a little third gear pull against the husbands '00 roadster on Sunday the HUD read 132 when I shifted into fifth and I wasn't close to red line. Had to back off or run up RIPPIED's rear end!:p [/QUOTE

:D YEEEHAAAAW :D Bet that was fun ;)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts