Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread from a neighbor of mind remind me of something

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?p=913915#post913915

I took a 300 mile trip myself this weekend, on the way back, I found out after almost 3 years and 21k+ miles that I could reset the 'average MPG' on my DIC :blush: . My car is running really rich from the smell, extra poping, and the Dyno readings of 10.9:1, So as I was trying to get an idea of the Highway MPG, I started cruise control at 62mph in 6th gear and got an average of 32.x MPG...

this road was perfect for average because it was as flat as it could be, and if there was an uphill there was always a down hill to even out again, I did various speeds for 2-8 miles at a time, I always reset the 'average MPG' when I was set on cruisse control , I figured out that 64mph in cruise control got me the best MPG 34 MPG average in flat surface...

to have an idea if it was reading accurate I put it in 5th at 50mph and got 27MPG crusin...

I did notice that on up hills in 6th gear you would get better MPG if you were doing closer to 70mph, which makes sense since you would have to give it much more throttle to get it uphill, Giving throttle is what kills MPG not RPM alone obsviously...

so I got 64mph as my the best MPG, anyone got some diffrent experience with theres? BTW in Flat surface again, 66mph, 68mph and 70mph would get me around 31 to 32MPG, hense that in 6th gear 60-70 would be the same excpet the sweet spot of 64mph

·
Registered
498 Posts
sup neighbor, I also experienced that 64 mph test. I just didn't trust the reading but after reading yours, i guess i will believe it now.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cenwesi said:
sup neighbor, I also experienced that 64 mph test. I just didn't trust the reading but after reading yours, i guess i will believe it now.
that was on flat surface remember, I'll check next time the whole trip, it will take some dedication not to get on it, I'll go over night so I dont encounter no competition to play with :lol: , Im thinking it would be 28-29mpg over all, but thats with a few traffic lights, Im sure after my rich condition is fixed It wont get any better because Im rich on the top end not the bottom :thumb:

·
Registered
609 Posts
30 Mpg

:thumb: This was over 1,900 Miles from Wisconsin to Arizona It could the good work Doug Rippie did It was tuned on the Road . Because I have Vara Ram & Crossover exhaust . And the Good work Doug did . :thumb:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I leave it in 4th on the highway....ok ok sometimes 5th. :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
phantasms said:
I leave it in 4th on the highway....ok ok sometimes 5th. :sneaky:
when you sell your speakers I want them, Im pretty sure you never have you radio on, If it is on you cant hear it ever :rofl:

BTW, theres another gear in the Z06, just put it 5th, then engage the clutch (optional) and bring it straight back, its right next to 4th, you'll notice the car much smoother and quieter :rofl: maybe I should make this a DYI :rofl:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Yep, if you drive like a Encono Box it gets Encono Box mileage. Very :coo:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Does anyone else think that this thread is sort of like spending the weekend with a supermodel and then discussing how well she can cook?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
RalphP said:
Does anyone else think that this thread is sort of like spending the weekend with a supermodel and then discussing how well she can cook?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good point. Did ever hear about the Supermodel that at midnight turns into a 6 pack and a Pizza. Side benefits are good also.: :lol:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Even with 444 RWHP, I got 34.6 mpg on a 140 mile trip all freeway driving about 66-72 mph. High performance modifications actually help gas economy apparently. :)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RalphP said:
I found a supermodel look alike that can cook and will too...

would you discuss to your friend how well your Woman would (you know) or how well she cooked for you :screwy: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
881 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
I found a supermodel look alike that can cook and will too...

would you discuss to your friend how well your Woman would (you know) or how well she cooked for you :screwy: :rofl: :rofl:

HAHA Neither!! Who has time for talking?? :D

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Hmmnnn .... Mostly I average around 21 "on the road." ... and that's using 6th while cruising above 62 ... Guess I just like how she "cooks" :sneaky:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts